Had to help 03CDKJ today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed a new CV in his and then took pictures
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow nice rigs!
Which one has which lift?
very nice!

Chris' ( Black wheels with 245-75-16 MTRs ) has a Frankenlift with 3 conduit nuts added, extra isolator in the rear
Mine has a "Mudd Special Lift" OME springs/ Rancho shocks/ Upper strut plate/ TS Upper rear Isolators and a few conduit nuts added with 265-75-16 Duratracs

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
some more to compare , and a couple of side shots showing a Rock Lizard Gecko Rack on mine and a Boiler Special on Chris'

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two awesome black KJ's.

Tom, how are the Duratracs?

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Two awesome black KJ's.

Tom, how are the Duratracs?

Dave

Dave,
So far so good , only have had them on a couple of weeks, ride great, quiet on the road, great on wet roads but this coming weekend putting them to the test! Let you know

Tom

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave,
So far so good , only have had them on a couple of weeks, ride great, quiet on the road, great on wet roads but this coming weekend putting them to the test! Let you know

Tom

Please do Tom. My Son was asking me about them and I didn't know anyone running them. They will be going on a JK Sahara.

Dave

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hyjack the thread the KJ's look awesome, but you helped him put in a CV? Does the frankenlift cause a bad angle that will cause early CV failure?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hyjack the thread the KJ's look awesome, but you helped him put in a CV? Does the frankenlift cause a bad angle that will cause early CV failure?
Generally no,really depends on mileage the vehicles has on it when the Frankinlift is installed,higher mileage KJ's seam to suffer the most issues due to worn CV's to begin with and the added angles just makes them go sooner.Now don't let that deter you since all CV's,no matter what vehicle,will wearout sooner or later,how much stress and maintenance will effect that time line also(keep the boots clean of mud).

03CDKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Troy is right....

However
My CV's were new and are good... less than 9000 miles on the CV's... BUT one (and only one) of the boots was bad on the drivers side..... Don't know why, but it was starting to rot... Just a bad boot I guess... The other CV's boots are good... I could have left it but Tom and I are picky...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Troy is right....

However
My CV's were new and are good... less than 9000 miles on the CV's... BUT one (and only one) of the boots was bad on the drivers side..... Don't know why, but it was starting to rot... Just a bad boot I guess... The other CV's boots are good... I could have left it but Tom and I are picky...

Yes Chris tried to talk me out of changing his even, But I insisted that we swap it out for a good one. With winter coming I did not want to get a phone call from him saying , "that boot finally tore and its slinging grease everywhere!":D