Gotta have some window regulator stuff...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....clear before i purchase...i went on ebay...can get an 06-07 new mopar window regulator from $35-50 dollars if my liberty was made after feb 26 06...apparently, i have the 02-05 regs since my lib was made on 10/05...these regs are a little more expensive...my question...whats the difference between the two? Can an 02 be installed on an 06 and vise versa?

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could answer you question...I just thought I'd chime in to say that I am also having window regulator issues as well - with my driver's side rear window. At the dealer right now waiting for it to be fixed, should still be under warranty. Good luck! I'm curious to know how many others are having these issues and whether it is a function of the cold weather.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read on the forums the older regulators are a better Quality.They are the same design from 02-07 so they should. I have an 06 liberty and I've replaced the regulators in both front doors a few times already. All under warranty thank god.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now Confirmed, an 06 regulator will not fit an 02-05...i paid $37 bucks for a new 06-07 mopar reg....and figured out how to make one out of the new one and the old one. will update as soon as i do it...

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealer and paid $60 for my regulators. Why pay 40-50 on ebay and chance getting the wrong onces

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well for one, there wasnt a chance of getti g the wrong ones...i knew what i was getting...2, theyre mopar. 3, i might want to visit your dealer bcus here they cost $143 to order them and walk out with from the dealer..so i thought why not spend 37 on a mopar..dont mind replacing it every 2 years....

As far as pictures...yessir. It will be quite an adventure.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offroadohio, now that i think of it...u have an 07...if you bought and installed yourself...w/o changing the window glass...u prolly bougt the new, cheaper regs that break easy...same thing i bought for $37...just a thought. :)

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not Again!!!!!!!!

From what I've heard - let alone experienced, the rear window regulators are JUNK!

I have an 06 Limited and have replaced the passenger side once. It's scheduled to go in tomorrow to have the drivers side replaced for the 4th time! :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My wife and I try to RARELY use the rears for this reason alone.

This last time, I backed out of the driveway, went about a 1/4 mile through our neighborhood, and noticed the window had lowered itself about 1/2 way. In the past, I have completly "lost" the window inside the door.

AND... Don't think for one minute the dealer will replace the window because it got scratched up do to the regulator failure! I've fought that battle too. Your probably better off letting it (somehow idea.gif ) break inside the door.

I now keep a roll of clear packing taape in my tool bag. It will hold the window in place, and not leave a great deal of residue when removed.

BTW, I have less than 51,000 miles on it, 98% or more "on road". I'm going to see if I can get the old reg this time - there's got to be something that can be done!

UK

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.