Got the Pioneer Premier installed in the ISO-mount kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was gonna wait til I got the in-dash DVD player but got impatient and pulled the head unit outta my my Camaro and put it in the KJ. Sounds alot better! Looks almost stock with my ISO-mount dash kit. I'll post up pics tomorrow when I'm not on a mobile.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I do like that mounting kit and how it doesn't use the radio trim. Makes it look more OEM

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Exactly what I was thinking. Without the trim, I think it looks closer to OEM. The head unit is a lil crooked but is easy to align. I just didn't see the need to align it since I'm getting a cheap in-dash DVD player from walmart. I'll post pics of that as well, as soon as I get it. Only issue I see with a flip-out screen, is the screen blocking the vents when the screen is out.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit is a Metra, part # 99-6504. I got mine frm pep boys. Autozone carries Metra as well.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, so that one is the Metra unit. Nice!

Now just to find a headunit that I actually like :( They all suck!

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya there aren't much I like either. I just opted for the Dual brand DVD-unit because it's really cheap ($300) and it looks somewhat decent. The pioneer I have installed now, is nice but is outdated being like an 03 model or so.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Ya there aren't much I like either. I just opted for the Dual brand DVD-unit because it's really cheap ($300) and it looks somewhat decent. The pioneer I have installed now, is nice but is outdated being like an 03 model or so.
03,how do you stand it?

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03,how do you stand it?

It's not too bad. It's got a decent equalizer so it sounds decent for what it is and it's a premier model, so it has the extra crap. I mainly bought it because of the OEL display which was 'cool' back then haha. It is starting to show age. If u notice in the pic, the chrome is chipping around the knob and round buttons:D