Got my Taxes back, upgrade time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so some of you may know that I came from Suzukis over to the KJ and have owned quite a few Geo Trackers/Sidekicks that were far from stock. While I do love the KJ I have a terrible time driving stock stuff, I just always have an insatiable itch to modify whatever I am driving. So when I got more back in my Tax Refund this year than I was expecting I decided to treat the Limited to some goodies.

I ordered an ARB bumper and Safari Snorkel which should be here in about 2 weeks. I also tinted my front windows to match the rear and Today I went and bought 5 new MT/R's :headbang::

You must be registered for see images

I am going to get a lift yet but I am still researching and still don't know what I should get yet...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just promise me that you'll go with the CRD springs up front. Once the bumper is on you'll understand. Especially when your KJ is dragging it's chin everywhere!!

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just promise me that you'll go with the CRD springs up front. Once the bumper is on you'll understand. Especially when your KJ is dragging it's chin everywhere!!

Crud. Just got 927 fronts and bumper is backordered for March delivery... wonder if I should reconsider before installing or chalk up 790s for the next time?

Very nice Liberty collection you have going tOnKa. No lack of spare parts I'm sure! What's going on with the Renegade - is it going to get a crop-top or webbing doors? Almost bought a wrecked 02 Limited this month until the wife read me the riot act even with my convincing "how a Jeep up on blocks next to the house would look great" and "I know the garage is full but..." speech.

:whip:

Time to buy a hunting cabin - or at least the woodlot to put my prized junk on.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
huntbuggy
I ran 927s up front with an ARB for the first 100,000 miles, yes it sagged some and I had to do a clevis and top plate but it worked.
Now for the next 100,000 I do have the 790s ( and some extras:icon_twisted:) but again it can be done lots of people run that combination with ARB, just know it will sag after some time

tOnKa
why did you buy tires when you're going to lift it soon? Just curious as most lift then buy larger size tires.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tOnKa
why did you buy tires when you're going to lift it soon? Just curious as most lift then buy larger size tires.

That is why I bought 245/75R16s I don't plan on going any larger than that.

okay so after trying to look though all of the posts on here about lifts I am still :freak3:

It seams that there are a million different opinions out there. Knowing that I am installing the ARB up front and a winch and I don't plan on going any bigger than the current tires what would be my best option for a lift?? Part numbers would be great as well.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OME 790 for front, 948 for the rear. Check the lift FAQ for the shocks...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:freak3:Didn't know you got the 245-75s on there
if you're going to get the bumper/winch right away then go 790s wihout the extra weight its going to be a rough ride

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those tires are bad ass, wish I woulda got those. Also, WTF I haven't even gotten my W2 yet and you already gotcher cash? Working for the govt *****!

ahjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking setup! Gives me a couple references for my Libby! Very clean!

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know what y'all are going to say about it but I am going with the Daystar Spacer lift for now, mainly because I was given the entire kit for free. I have run spacer lifts on my Suzuki's in the past with no real issues. I have also run OME on Suzukis and I know that there is none better and will eventually upgrade to the OME on the Jeep.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know what y'all are going to say about it but I am going with the Daystar Spacer lift for now, mainly because I was given the entire kit for free. I have run spacer lifts on my Suzuki's in the past with no real issues. I have also run OME on Suzukis and I know that there is none better and will eventually upgrade to the OME on the Jeep.

Why not save the Daystar spacers for the Renegade project for a little extra lift and go just OME and plates, isos on your Limited ?

As for Suzuki, had a nice surprise today as niece and nephew had a snow day so had to shuttle them around this morning in my sister's SX4 AWD. First time driving it myself, if I were forced into an econobox 4cyl this might be it. Small, peppy, short wheelbase and a blast to drive in a blizzard with good tires!

Have driven Audi quattros and even priced Subaru WRX and test drove - but for the price this little thing takes the cake in winter. Haven't had that much fun in a little car since renting a Seat in Spain years back.

(Nothing beats the Jeep in deep snow - but an SX4 drinks a bit less gas :) )

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some goodies today :

The Daystar kit I got from a buddy of mine who bought it and then his wife totaled his Liberty before he could install it.

The 2 6 inch Off-Road Light kits came from a Jeep Dealership that is no longer selling Chrysler Products. They are the same lights that come on the Compass Rallye and include mounting brackets, complete wiring harness and switch. After looking through the enclosed instructions they will work on the KJ just fine (one set is going on the Limited and the other on my wife's Sport)

According to UPS my Snorkel will be delivered Monday... but I will still have to wait a few weeks on the ARB.

Looks like I better get busy

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So you're throwing a ARB bumper on stock springs and a Daystar lift ?
Well you know whats down the road for ya so I won't say more:whip:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're throwing a ARB bumper on stock springs and a Daystar lift ?
Well you know whats down the road for ya so I won't say more:whip:

yeah I know... The stock springs and Struts on my truck are brand new (which I guess is why I can fit 245/75s on there), and all I need is for this setup to last until May and then I will buy the OME set up...

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. At least you are aware of it ahead of time. And once you swap to OME in May, you will be one more person like me who can testify the improvement of OME over the Daystar.

Members online

No members online now.