Goodyear MT/R vs. BFG Mud Terrain TA Km2 vs. BFG All Terrain TA KO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says I am debating between these tires. I have driven the BFG all terrain KO's before on my old f150 and they never let me down but I do like the aggressive design on the wranglers and since I work in the construction field down here in SE TX, the mud terrains would be useful. Anyone care to chime in? Decisions, Decisions. hahaha :cool:

You must be registered for see images
BFG All Terrain

You must be registered for see images attach
BFG mud terrain

You must be registered for see images

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old style MT/R's are no longer being made.The new MT/R's with Kevlar in the sidewalls replaced them.They are way better then anything BFG makes.

Moab

Reaction score
I really liked the looks of those old MTR's - had great luck, wear and ride with both my Wranglers. Don't have any experience with the new tread.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old style MT/R's are no longer being made.The new MT/R's with Kevlar in the sidewalls replaced them.They are way better then anything BFG makes.

Kevlar just in the sidewalls or all over? I've already busted a stock Goodyear SR-A while at work while running over a "branch" that was in a mud hole. Don't want to do that anymore.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Station truck Ram 2500 4X4 has BFG AT's I must be the only person who dislikes this tire.
I plowed with it on a warmer day slipped and slid. Even today on wet grass slippen and sliden.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Station truck Ram 2500 4X4 has BFG AT's I must be the only person who dislikes this tire.
I plowed with it on a warmer day slipped and slid. Even today on wet grass slippen and sliden.
Your not the only that hates BFG,you couldn't pay me to run BFG's after getting 6 sidewall cuts in 6 different tires in less then 200 miles.Only mud,no rocks and no tree roots.4 AT's and 2 MT's,got all my money back and ran Interco Boggers and never,ever had another sidewall failure.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a set of BFG AT's on my Lifted Chevy Astro Van... I hated them, only ran them for a few thousand miles, switch to some lesser aggressive GY's I got cheap, much better ride and grip.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not the only that hates BFG,you couldn't pay me to run BFG's after getting 6 sidewall cuts in 6 different tires in less then 200 miles.Only mud,no rocks and no tree roots.4 AT's and 2 MT's,got all my money back and ran Interco Boggers and never,ever had another sidewall failure.

I'm Leaning towards the Wrangler's just based on your advice.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm Leaning towards the Wrangler's just based on your advice.
Oh I also ran 3 different sets of the old style MT/R's on my KJ and never had a issue,even at 10psi.No punctures and no flats.

Keep a good alignment though and rotate them every 3000miles no matter what.

Another good option is the Trxus MT's,cheaper then the MT/R's and nearly as good.Though I've been hearing that Interco has shut down but not 100% sure about that though.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's on my 08 and have been absolutely happy with them. They get great traction in mud, snow, loose dirt, and on rocks. What I really like is that mud doesn't stick or build up in the tread.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This new guy at work yesterday had the MT/R's on his truck. I saw them and fell in love. THAT will be my new tire. :D

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This new guy at work yesterday had the MT/R's on his truck. I saw them and fell in love. THAT will be my new tire. :D

Old style or new? I have heard a lot of good things from some of the people running the new MT/R K's. They look pretty gnarly too. I had the old style and they didn't hold up so well. Chunked real bad in the rocks.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old style or new? I have heard a lot of good things from some of the people running the new MT/R K's. They look pretty gnarly too. I had the old style and they didn't hold up so well. Chunked real bad in the rocks.

He had the new style. I'm thinking of asking the old lady for Soft 8's for my birthday which is this week.