Going to be putting a 2" lift and 245/75/r16 on my liberty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone really think it's a real security measure to stick your thumb or blur/mask the license plate? I mean, you are required by law to have an exposed license everywhere you go. More people will see your license on streets and highways than will ever visit this thread. Absolutely no personally identifying information can be had by anyone except those with access to DMV records and even then the info is very limited. So, unless you are wanted by the law, it is not necessary to obfuscate your license. Save yourself the trouble and the worry.

Not if you know where and how to get the info. Give me your license plate or VIN and I can get your name and address. But yeah, covering the plate is a paranoia thing, as only ones with connections can get the info...to be used for good not bad. ;)
I see the cover up used a lot lately on cars for sale on craigslist.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if you know where and how to get the info. Give me your license plate or VIN and I can get your name and address.
I already posted a picture of one of my vehicles' license plate - see the previous page. Unless you work in law enforcement or in a motor vehicle department here in CA, you won't get any info. If you do work for one of those agencies and post my info online (or get someone who does have access to provide the info), you will be committing a crime and will lose your job and possibly do jail time. You're welcome to try, but I doubt you can get any personally identifiable info from anyone's license plate. It just doesn't work that way.

Over my 20+ years online, I've heard a lot of people make claims like yours and no one has ever proved it.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use software in my tire shop purchased from "Tire Power Inc.". Had to go to a new version (what a pain in the ass!) a few months back. New version has a CARFAX link where I can punch in any license plate number and get year, model,make, etc. I have to furnish the owners name though.

Bob

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use software in my tire shop purchased from "Tire Power Inc.". Had to go to a new version (what a pain in the ass!) a few months back. New version has a CARFAX link where I can punch in any license plate number and get year, model,make, etc. I have to furnish the owners name though.

Bob

But it won't give you personally identifying information. It won't give you name, address, phone numbers, age, job, SS#, bank info - nothing that would identify an individual. Car make model and year, yes. Info on service, mileage, etc. yes. Personal info about the owner, no.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already posted a picture of one of my vehicles' license plate - see the previous page. Unless you work in law enforcement or in a motor vehicle department here in CA, you won't get any info. If you do work for one of those agencies and post my info online (or get someone who does have access to provide the info), you will be committing a crime and will lose your job and possibly do jail time. You're welcome to try, but I doubt you can get any personally identifiable info from anyone's license plate. It just doesn't work that way.

Over my 20+ years online, I've heard a lot of people make claims like yours and no one has ever proved it.

Ok you caught me, I flat out told a fib and my past results have just been a figment of my imagination!!
Nobody said anything about posting info online, that goes contrary to my previous statement of "used for good not bad". Law enforcement...dmv...you missed at least one entity. There are 11 states I can't get vehicle info from, the Republik of California is one of them

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah nobody said anything about foreign countries like California .......

J/K:icon_lol::ROFLJest:

And yes there are penalties for doing it, doesn't mean that it isn't done. Times have changed, I can remember overhearing guys checking out where a good looking woman lived or where the jerk that flipped them off lived.

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(INFORMATION OPTAINED)

Im gonna offer this......anyone not working in LE or DMV......you give me personal info on the owner (me), I will paypal you $20.

I want Name, DOB, Adress. And proof of where you obtained the info.

Tx plate GJ23BM

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Im gonna offer this......anyone not working in LE or DMV......you give me personal info on the owner (me), I will paypal you $20.

Tx plate GJ23BM

Proof,:emotions34::shrug: then you'd have my " sources" :happy175:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tx plate GJ23BM

Only $20? What a big spender, you could easily make this more interesting. I mean, what the heck do you have to lose, it "can't be done" as somebody else already said as well. Give sources? Nope. Obtained info is plenty of proof.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only $20? What a big spender, you could easily make this more interesting. I mean, what the heck do you have to lose, it "can't be done" as somebody else already said as well. Give sources? Nope. Obtained info is plenty of proof.
Optained proof is there so that way you cant just pull my name and birthday off facebook or have a "friend" whos LE or DMV get it for ya.

And if you dont want free $20, then you dont have to do it. But thats that. Easy money.

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't divulge sources, it wouldn't be good for "business". And no friend in LE or DMV, that much I can tell you.
Initials R.P.
age 27
address: 4XX C.R. ***
Town: starts with an L. (catchy name). County is same name as town
Extra credit: VIN on your Liberty, last 3 digits... 641

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turned out awesome! Its actually a 2.5" lift

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is my license plate. LOL

same spot with not lift or tires.

She goes in for an alignment on Wednesday.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Post up measurements after you have it aligned
( middle of the hub/centercap/wheel to bottom of the flare in front )

I remember back years ago when mine looked like that, so long ago:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't divulge sources, it wouldn't be good for "business". And no friend in LE or DMV, that much I can tell you.
Initials R.P.
age 27
Now is that information available to anyone? Becuase im in EMS/Fire and have access to the same information.

Also sent ya a PM for paypal

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I never live where my drivers or vehicle license says I do
So never care who sees my plates, they won't find me there:shrug::icon_lol::icon_lol:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never live where my drivers or vehicle license says I do
So never care who sees my plates, they won't find me there:shrug::icon_lol::icon_lol:
I dont care if someone knows where im at.....always have a few friends with me

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initials R.P.
age 27

My further research indicates that you can obtain personal info on the owner of a car through the license plate. There are businesses that sell the info. They get access partly through law enforcement organizations.

The original intent was that personal information would not be obtainable unless the person worked in LE or some other organization with legitimate reasons for accessing that info. Now it appears that anyone with 20 or 30 bucks can get the info. SOME states still prevent that. Fortunately, those states still understand privacy laws.

But of course, laws... these laws were made for changin' (sorry Nancy). Depending on the level of greed of the entity involved in protecting our privacy.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And everyone is "*********" their plates in pics, but not "*********" their plates on the highway or at walmart.

Crazy

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dimensions from center of wheel to fender

DR Front: 21 3/4"
DR rear: 21 1/4"
PS front: 21 11/16"
PS rear: 21 1/4"

Members online

No members online now.