Going to be putting a 2" lift and 245/75/r16 on my liberty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who just put 33's on his rubicon. It is an older model and the rims would mount right up to my Liberty. I just bought it but it will need tires for winter and the stock painted steel rims are quite ugly. SO this will work out good. Ill be keeping the stock rims and tires for summer, and may just plastidip them or something to get over the ugliness.

I am looking to put the factory rubicon rims on it and the tires he has on it are 245/75/r16's. I have done some research and looks like I will have to lift it around 2" to fit these tires. With the price he is giving my on the rims and tires, it would still be cheaper to go with the 2:" lift and the 5 rims and tires, than to just get new 235/70/r16 tires on it so it is almost a no brainer. I have a contact on facebook who did the same thing, so I will be able to get some help with the swap.

I think I might just get a cheap lift for now to fit the tires then upgrade to the OME kit this summer. I wont be doing a ton of off roading with it, and once I pay my wifes car off will be using her car for driving to work so mpg isn't that big of an issue.

I do have access to trails and lots of off roading but wont be going crazy with it until I get my wife a new car. IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE BACK IN A JEEP.

WIll post pics as the project comes along. I don't think I will have it all ready until mid October.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ is already a very nice driver in stock form. Why not just save the bucks and put them toward a quality lift when you're ready. If the tires aren't good enough to go that long, then get some used rubber that will. Just seems like a waste of money getting a cheap lift that might cause you more expensive problems before you're ready for the real deal.

There's prob'ly a ton of other things you'll want to do, so if you really have to put out that fire in your pocket, do something else with some life to it - a cat-back, new stereo & speakers, skid plates, etc. I'm sure you already have an extensive list.

Just my opinion,

Jim

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just the words cheap and Jeep do not belong in any paragraph.
To make a KJ Jeep handle like a sports rig...
53470[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

A jeep build deserves the best, so it won't fall apart like the rest.:icon_lol:

Attachments

• Jeep%20Upper%20A%20Arms.jpg
    Jeep%20Upper%20A%20Arms.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In time grass hopper, in time.

Just had to get winter tires, and such and couldn't afford the rubicon rims and tires, and an expensive lift. ;)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ is already a very nice driver in stock form. Why not just save the bucks and put them toward a quality lift when you're ready. If the tires aren't good enough to go that long, then get some used rubber that will. Just seems like a waste of money getting a cheap lift that might cause you more expensive problems before you're ready for the real deal.

There's prob'ly a ton of other things you'll want to do, so if you really have to put out that fire in your pocket, do something else with some life to it - a cat-back, new stereo & speakers, skid plates, etc. I'm sure you already have an extensive list.

Just my opinion,

Jim

Jim's right - a bad lift can be a real troublemaker. Put away a few bucks each month or buy the lift in pieces (front shocks this month, front springs next month, rear shock month after, etc.) and then put your KJ up on those nice Moabs and the bigger tires in the spring and wheel the crap out of it.

Get by with decent shoes this winter and then reveal your new KJ to the world next spring... :33::favorites13:

Bob

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the words cheap and Jeep do not belong in any paragraph.
To make a KJ Jeep handle like a sports rig...
53485[/ATTACH]"]

A jeep build deserves the best, so it won't fall apart like the rest.:icon_lol:

Somebody has not trimmed the bumpstop to allow for the grease fitting.

Attachments

• Jeep%20Upper%20A%20Arms.jpg
    Jeep%20Upper%20A%20Arms.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries, I have a hole drilled where the zerk make contact with the stop.
Kinda wakes you up when you do make contact! :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a friend who just put 33's on his rubicon. It is an older model and the rims would mount right up to my Liberty. I just bought it but it will need tires for winter and the stock painted steel rims are quite ugly. SO this will work out good. Ill be keeping the stock rims and tires for summer, and may just plastidip them or something to get over the ugliness.

I am looking to put the factory rubicon rims on it and the tires he has on it are 245/75/r16's. I have done some research and looks like I will have to lift it around 2" to fit these tires. With the price he is giving my on the rims and tires, it would still be cheaper to go with the 2:" lift and the 5 rims and tires, than to just get new 235/70/r16 tires on it so it is almost a no brainer. I have a contact on facebook who did the same thing, so I will be able to get some help with the swap.

I think I might just get a cheap lift for now to fit the tires then upgrade to the OME kit this summer. I wont be doing a ton of off roading with it, and once I pay my wifes car off will be using her car for driving to work so mpg isn't that big of an issue.

I do have access to trails and lots of off roading but wont be going crazy with it until I get my wife a new car. IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE BACK IN A JEEP.

WIll post pics as the project comes along. I don't think I will have it all ready until mid October.

Cheap lift will cost you more money in the long run
Bet your springs are alreay sagged some so will need more than 2 inches from a spacer lift to clear the tires, then new longer shocks for the rear etc you're going to be close to what a " real " lift actually cost
PLUS the ride will be 100 times better with a real full spring lift
Buy some used tires for now, save up and do it right

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant pass up the deal, and cant afford both right now. Will be putting on the new lift in the spring and will use this to get by for now. I have a 3 year old, and 5 month old twins so I just have to get by. I cant buy 2 sets of tires and a lift right now. THe lift is a 2.5" lift.

Here are the before pics.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seen on Facebook as well
Not a good deal in the long run, but you've been warned :shrug:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone really think it's a real security measure to stick your thumb or blur/mask the license plate? I mean, you are required by law to have an exposed license everywhere you go. More people will see your license on streets and highways than will ever visit this thread. Absolutely no personally identifying information can be had by anyone except those with access to DMV records and even then the info is very limited. So, unless you are wanted by the law, it is not necessary to obfuscate your license. Save yourself the trouble and the worry.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone really think it's a real security measure to stick your thumb or blur/mask the license plate? I mean, you are required by law to have an exposed license everywhere you go. More people will see your license on streets and highways than will ever visit this thread. Absolutely no personally identifying information can be had by anyone except those with access to DMV records and even then the info is very limited. So, unless you are wanted by the law, it is not necessary to obfuscate your license. Save yourself the trouble and the worry.

I always laugh when people do that and then tell they just got back from a 250 mile trip. Yep how many others seen you on the highway with your plate out there in the open

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You'd be surprised what can be accessed.

And you should probably do this too!
You must be registered for see images

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised what can be accessed.
There isn't much that surprises me. But I would be surprised if there was anyone here who can find personally identifying information from a license plate and post it without threat of losing their job in law enforcement or a state driver's licensing authority (those are the only people with access to the info - and cops do not have unfettered access like they show on TV and in the movies) and not worry about being arrested for a felony.

You (or anyone) are welcome to try. Post any info you want that was obtained by this plate.

And you should probably do this too!
And you're not the first person to deface a photo of me and post it.