Going to assume this lift is junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reginator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about lifts ,or mechanical work rather, and just trying to get the best bang for my buck.(student budget). took my jeep to local 4x4 center and this is what they carried. I would love to get OME/Rancho setup which i hear great feedback from this forum, but I just dont have a grand to throw down at this time. Let me know what you think.

Jeep Liberty Suspension Lift

And learned alot from this site. I will include rear coil springs isolators, front strut shims and 3/8 clevis lift when i do the install.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you paid more than $2.99 you paid too much:happy175:
Hopefully you did not buy that from them
Ironman lift 650 range not 1000
OME springs and shocks 750 , again not 1000
I'd say don't buy anything if thats all you have to choose from
just a waste of your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Your not far off on the $1000 figure... Tom doesn't have to deal with GST and UPS and duty etc... but he is right. Just wait, save up your cash and you will be much better off.

Edit: I remember reading that a company (Ouipak?) in Quebec might carry OME... that may lower your cost?

Last edited:

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"No need to remove strut from vehicle."
How do they expect to get 3 inches without taking off the front SPRINGs? Just shove that little spacer inbetween the clevis and worn out, sagged coil-over. Sounds legit.:badidea:

Reginator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the re-assurance. I really want to get it lifted asap, but I should be patient and get the best gear for it. And yeah, alot of 4x4 distributors are in the us , and it kills the wallet by time its shipped and pay duty. 800 bones would quickly turn into 1000 or even 1100 pretty quick. So I msg's the quebec company for pricing, appreciate the info Tom & Luke

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"No need to remove strut from vehicle."
How do they expect to get 3 inches without taking off the front SPRINGs? Just shove that little spacer inbetween the clevis and worn out, sagged coil-over. Sounds legit.:badidea:

Not that I'm defending this lift but that spacer goes on the bottom of the shock and the clevis attaches to the spacer.

Funny too that this won't fit an '02, an '07 or a Renegade. After all the '02's, '07's and Renegades are so radically different from each other :rotflmao:

Bob

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am i reading those instructions right. the spacer on the front clevis is friction fit with no bolts?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am i reading those instructions right. the spacer on the front clevis is friction fit with no bolts?

Yes its friction. i have the complete kit sitting here that i got at a swap meet for 10 bucks. The guy tapped the spacer for a 3/8 set screw.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy you got took didn't ya:sad72:

Right, i cant believe myself, but i was gonna use the springs on my custom dune buggy.....but thats a diiferent fourm.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2