Can someone tell me what this is?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkminionqueen

Reaction score
I am rebuilding my 2006 Jeep Liberty from the heads up, and I have come across a random hose. Does anyone know what this goes to?

Attachments

• IMG_20230731_121322_362.jpg
    IMG_20230731_121322_362.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 55

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am rebuilding my 2006 Jeep Liberty from the heads up, and I have come across a random hose. Does anyone know what this goes to?
That looks like it is behind the engine by the firewall. It has got to be the vent for either the transmission or transfer case. I think you will find a similar one somewhere in the vicinity for the other part of the drivetrain. Likewise, the front differential has a breather hose which should come up somewhere near the battery / power steering area.

lindsey

Reaction score
It looks like the vent for either the transmission or transfer case.
The vent system also includes a rear body assembly connected to the housing and to the second end of the connecting tube. The vent system allows ingress and egress of air between inside and outside of the automatic transmission and prevents ingress of moisture/water and egress of transmission fluid.

Last edited: