Ghetto Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
those shots were taken a while ago...dunno if he's done anything more...
i think he has a roof rack for wheelin....

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of keeping the spare on the back. Couldn't a mod be done to extend out and raise the spare tire bracket so it doesn't interfere with the flip window and the rear bumper at the same time?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
I like the idea of keeping the spare on the back. Couldn't a mod be done to extend out and raise the spare tire bracket so it doesn't interfere with the flip window and the rear bumper at the same time?

Tires look cool hanging on the back! yes.gif

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Tokyojoe1965 said:

Tires look cool hanging on the back! yes.gif

they do have extensions for the spare....Liberty1 and TJtim had one on theirs since the bigger tire was getting in the way of the glass when it flipped up...
the TR on that KJ i think couldnt accomodate the spare..which is why it was taken off..(from what i remembered reading a while back too)

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gate and tire mount aren't designed to hold too much extra weight let alone a long heavy fulcrum. Another reason why guys and gals put the tire on top. I have the stock tire on a lighter aluminum stocker wheel and my gate rattles like a POS

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
farwellbooth said:
The gate and tire mount aren't designed to hold too much extra weight let alone a long heavy fulcrum. Another reason why guys and gals put the tire on top. I have the stock tire on a lighter aluminum stocker wheel and my gate rattles like a POS

I'm getting a rattle too but I think it's from my rear shock mounts. I wonder if it could be my gate. How'd you figure out it was your gate?

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
farwellbooth said:

I'm getting a rattle too but I think it's from my rear shock mounts. I wonder if it could be my gate. How'd you figure out it was your gate?

When I shut my gate it vibrates back and forth a bunch of times even when latched. When new it just made one tight clicking sound. Over time it vibrates more and more when closing. I can also duplicate the sound by pounding on the tire with my hand while the gate is closed. There is a bumpstop bolted to the gate and pillar where the gate closes that I think I can adjust to get rid of it.