GForce Chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there's one thing I've learned it's that our ECU is a learning ECU. So basically if you ad the chip you can notice a difference at first, then over time the ECU will bring itself back to where it was before. It will adjust back to normal.

You could get it "flashed" to new parameters, but it is expensive, involves sending your to them to do, or finding one to send... and you will have to use 93 octane afterwards. There are members here that have done this, and I'm sure will chime in to explain this better.

For me, NOT WORTH IT, even at 70.00.

sorry to burst your bubble

G36 Shooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you didn't burst my bubble I just wanted input before I spent hard earned money on a gimmick, thanks.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best to call B&G if you want any kind of response. I sent them several emails last year asking about getting programming changes done to mine and I never heard back from them.

QuickSilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine chips, including the G-Force, are the topic of much discussion on my Challenger forum and the consensus opinion there is that all engine chips are hype at best. There are no shortcuts for tuners and an engine chip in the best scenario will not damage your engine. Installing a chip could also void your powertrain warranty (if your Jeep still has one) and your service manager will detect it when they scan your OBDII, so just a heads-up.

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I installed a G-Force chip over the weekend. Will report findings after the 100 mile 'learning curve' the ECU has to perform. Hoping for the best....something's gotta give me some extra 'oomph'.

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, TJKJ- I don't want to singe any butt hairs on this deal....I was really looking for something to add any MPGs, if that's possible!

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take care of it, keep the RPM below 2000 rpm as much as possible, don't start to fast. Usual trick of hypermiling, nothing much more to do.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take care of it, keep the RPM below 2000 rpm as much as possible, don't start to fast. Usual trick of hypermiling, nothing much more to do.
Actually opening that throttle up will gain the best mpg's.That "take 10 miles to get to 5mph" crap is unsafe and builds carbon in the intake which will reduce mpg's greatly after some time.Do the old "italian" tune up once a week,AKA run the piss out of the engine for 30-60mins which means full throttle,redline shifts(well close) and higher speeds(legal of course:icon_cool: ) to help keep the carbon build up low.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you got me there, I forget to mention to ''clean'' the engine once in a while, and it's so much fun :D don't get me wrong I was not saying don't get over 2000 while getting to speed that would be dumb unless you're in a 20 MPH zone. Just don't drive like tanner faust.

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am noticing an increase in mileage and performance. More giddyup in mid-range RPMs, seems like the engine is running better overall. More power at speed going uphill, with the ability to accelerate.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah you got me there, I forget to mention to ''clean'' the engine once in a while, and it's so much fun :D don't get me wrong I was not saying don't get over 2000 while getting to speed that would be dumb unless you're in a 20 MPH zone. Just don't drive like tanner faust.

once in a while????
How about at the very least once a day
Mines hit the rev limiter 4 times just today and I haven't been 15 miles from home

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have no problem at either end of the RPM range, I find it easier to 'hypermile' with a manual ******. Cruising through the boroughs at 30 MPH in 5th gear @ 1k RPMs is much more controllable, and the mileage at that point is great. 'Blowing it out' is much more fun with a stick than an automatic.