Getting a kj lift, wheels and tires. will this work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with the moabs for sure... Can't sacrifice that much mpg for a daily driver. Off topic, but I didn't want to start another thread in the lift section.

Calling woodys 4x4 yeasterday, I talked to a guy and scheduled to have a 2.5 ome lift put on next week. He said to go with medium and he could have the kit in by Friday. I call them today and talk to another person to clear some things up and a little confirmation. He tells me he has no idea about the job... No notes no nothing... And by the way, ome only sells a 1.5 lift and the 2.5 the other guy was selling you doesn't exist. My blood pressure rose a bit and confusion started setting in.

If you guys could clear this up for me before I go in and talk to them after work that would be great. The guy said skyjacker sells a 2.5 kit... But I see everyone saying the 2.5 ome that doesn't exist is the way to go lol.

You have to understand that most every 4 wheel drive shops etc DOES NOT KNOW jack about lifts for KJs. Not bragging but I'm sure we've put through more KJ lifts in my garage than a lot of all the shops in larger cities have.
We know here and on LOSTJEEPs what works/ what doesn't / if you add this and that it will be so high/ if you go with that you'll be sorry. So trust us when we say how much lift one will get, what to use etc
Two sources/companies know KJs, Jeepinbyal and AllJs , period those two only when you need parts.
Skyjacker does sell a 2.5 inch kit but I'll bet the guy trying to sell it to you doesn't even know the spring rate which is 310 lb, same as stock and will sag.
So yes you will get 2.5 inches from the OME, more if you do a clevis and top plate but then you'll need JBA UCAs. Go with OME 927/948 combo, 98% of what we have installed here was this setup

kjmman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, now I know. So, definitely go with the ome over skyjacker? I eventually want to put on skid plates and bumper but I don't want my liberty to look like a pre runner in the mean time heh

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome, now I know. So, definitely go with the ome over skyjacker? I eventually want to put on skid plates and bumper but I don't want my liberty to look like a pre runner in the mean time heh
If you want it to sit level let us know, if you want the factory rake again tell us, we can tell you what to do to make it sit the way you want
And no to Skyjacker, theirs 310 lb springs, OME 927s 400 lb

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I run the Medium duty OMEs and I really like them, going on 4 years and 50k on the setup, it's great.

kjmman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my mother in law lives 6 hrs away from me. I noticed a set of 5 Rubicon moabs 30 minutes from her house for $125. She is now on her way to get them for me! Shes coming this weekend already! I'm set!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my mother in law lives 6 hrs away from me. I noticed a set of 5 Rubicon moabs 30 minutes from her house for $125. She is now on her way to get them for me! Shes coming this weekend already! I'm set!

Don't tell too many people about that price - that's a steal :gr_grin:

I hope they're not torn up or the finish worn off though. And there are two different styles: "Smooth side" and "step side." The step sides are not as popular nor as many of them so they often go cheap. If these are the smooth side Moabs though - and they're clean - you found a great deal :waytogo:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Make sure they are the right years, 04-06, the JK ones will not fit different bolt pattern

kjmman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The guy said they are off his 05 rubicon and the bolt pattern is 5x4.5... you guys have me worried

kjmman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deal would never have been made without you guys! I'm just generally lucky when it comes to craigslist. :ROFLJest: I can't wait to mount these duratracs! All I need now is to tell the professionals how to get my liberty level with heavy ome in the front and medium in the back. After that, it's going to be a very painful waiting game.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The guy said they are off his 05 rubicon and the bolt pattern is 5x4.5... you guys have me worried

Yep, those are the smooth sides. Are there four or five in the set?

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't mean to scare you, :icon_lol::icon_lol:
04-06 Moabs usually go for a lot more these days, JK wheels go for less since not much of a market for them it seems. Just wanted to make sure you got the right ones .

kjmman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, those are the smooth sides. Are there four or five in the set?

Bob

I think I know what you mean by smooth side vs step step side as far as the way they look. Not a fan of the step side. There were other pics of each individual wheel but the one I saved and posted had the most in one picture. I got 5 in total :gr_grin:

kjmman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean to scare you, :icon_lol::icon_lol:
04-06 Moabs usually go for a lot more these days, JK wheels go for less since not much of a market for them it seems. Just wanted to make sure you got the right ones .

Haha! You're fine, I get worked up easily... And after the 1.5/2.5 lift confusion I was already a little shook up. Everything is coming together perfectly and the liberty will be ready to hit the trails in a week and a half!

So, about getting the jeep level with the 927/948 ome 1.5 (2.5) lift. What do I need to know and tell the shop to set it up for an even lift?