general rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawnon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know... I’ve said on this forum before that I have a triple doctorate from the school of hard knocks, but I’ve learned lessons and matured on my journey on this earth. Most the hard way, but things lately have been smooth. I want to bit*h about the pussifaction of Americas youth. So I had some stuff to do around town today. I'm from CT so we just got about 2 feet of snow last night. So traffic is moving slow, I'm in no hurry, so I'm just going with the flow, keeping a safe distance, and obeying the rules. Plus I had my wife with me and she’s got white knuckles because she’s a sissy in the snow. No problem, I'm keeping things extra safe, calm and cool. I'm on a double lane road, 2 lanes east and 2 lanes west, but the plows only cleared the 2 left lanes. No problem. Slow and safe, going with the flow. So out of my right eye I see a big dodge ram with a plow, blasting down the right lane passing me on the right in the un-plowed lane. BANG!!! His drivers mirror slams in the passenger side of my sport. Our eyes meet, I scream WTF!?!? I clearly read his lips say fu*k you, and he speeds off up the hill. Well I’m not having any part of some one pulling a hit and run on me, so I speed off after him. I had my wife with me mind you, so I wasn't about to pull some dukes of hazard type stuff, but I don't want to loose him. So he got about a quarter mile ahead of me, turning left and right, but it was easy to follow his crazy tire marks he left in the snow. So he was heading to his next plow customer that happened to be his buddy’s house. I saw the truck in the drive way and parked across the end of it so he can’t drive away. I get out of the truck and it turns out to be a 17 year old punk kid acting like I did something to him. I start screaming what kind of a$$hole speeds away from an accident. He starts screaming f this, f you, and my blood that is already boiling just gets hotter. He runs in the garage and gets his 17 year old punk buddy, who now starts yelling at me to leave his friend alone. I grabbed my phone, called the cops. The friend of the criminal goes running down the street to get his dad, who is shoveling out his neighbor. Now I have 2 17 year olds, and a 45 year old holding a shovel standing in front of me like I’m the bad guy. I’m trying to talk to the cops while explaining to the dad what his idiot son’s friend just did. Then his neighbor shows up wanting to know what the commotion was all about. Now I have 4 guys in front of me, and believe me, how hot I was, it was now a fair fight if that’s what it had to come too. But that’s not my goal. Not at all. Now the hit and run ****** calls his dad. The cops told me to sit in my truck and wait for them, so that’s what I did. Now the punks dad shows up with his other son, now there are 6 guys there. The dad fishtailed around the corner with his big dodge plow truck, slides to a halt like a foot away from my truck, drops the plow, and flies out of his truck like he’s going to fight the world. The owner of the house is yelling at me to get off his property, but I wasn’t even in his driveway, I was just blocking the end of it. I was still in the street. So now the cops finally show up. 2 of them. One takes my statement and the other went to talk to the angry mob. The cop wasn’t there 15 seconds and he had to tell the dad to calm down before he gets arrested for disorderly conduct. So after all the insurance info was passed back and forth, the cop tells me he’s not giving a hit and run ticket because the kid is only 17 and it would make it ******* the kid being so young. WTF????? He only gave him a passing on the right ticket. When I was a kid I lost my license for not doing the right thing. I never caught a break. That cop who got me when I was a dumb 17 year old read me the riot act, and he threw the book at me. America is turning into a bunch of *******. So now this kid is going to have a simple ticket and still have his sense of entitlement. He thinks he did nothing wrong. Now I have to deal with getting my truck repaired, rentals, insurance estimates, blah blah blah. I have a nice crease and dent and black scuff along with missing paint across my rear passenger door and scrapes across my rear side window. I wonder how much that is going to cost. I think my claims adjuster said I have to pay the deductible and fight the kids insurance to get it back. That’s not fair. He hit me, then fled the scene.
By the way, I have to give a thumbs up for the strength of Jeep glass. Read some older posts of mine. I backed into a tree with my rear glass up and it just broke the hinge, not the glass. This hit was hard enough to remove paint and dent metal, but didn’t shatter the glass. Right on.
Well that’s my rant.
Im pist.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.
I would be pissed to.
I would go down to the cop shop tell my story to the Sargent and see if he believes in those circumstances the teen should be charged with hit and run.
He deserves it.
:favorites68: irresponsible teen needs a solid slap across the head.

drawnon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought to do that. I still have to go back to the police dept by the end of the week. The cop told me due to all the accidents the police report wont be ready until then. Can they do something like that after the fact?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd go in and talk to some higher up, see what can be done.
Must of been the day for accidents,

my wife was hit in her Rav4 tonight by a Defender 110 , Defender rolled three times and totaled, three people in the hospital that was in the Defender, wife was able to drive (very slowly due all of the damage ) on home. If it would of been three feet back she would of been killed
At least you don't have to think about that.
Oh and shes 9000 miles away so hard to deal with from here

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that *****, and I hope things go easy for ya from this point.
Granted I am one of the American youth, but not that type..
I know plenty of kids like this, but most around here are driving daddys BMWs or if they have their own cars they are civics with fart cans and dumba$$ HID kits blinding everyone driving into them...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Heh, this is what everyone thought I was when I joined up here. ;) $5 says some people still think I am one of America's irresponsible youngins. (By youngin, I mean ages 16-25)

Sorry to hear about the situation and I'd be about as pissed off as you are. I too would push for Hit and Run. That's what he did. Who gives a (censored) how old he is?

Lame. Really lame.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I am shocked he got a ticket or passing on the right. By your own version of the story, he was in a lane just not one that was plowed. ("blasting down the right lane passing me on the right in the un-plowed lane.") In your state you have to stay behind someone travelling in the same direction with two or more lanes of travel in that direction if they are in the left lane??? What if "lefty" was going 5 mph? You can never precede past them? And as to who was out of their lane, without independent witnesses and with probably obscured markings, a conviction would be doubtful under the circumstances described . Good luck on all of that.

Depending on the laws of your state, it may not have been a hit & run. As the accident did not involve injuries, some states allow a time lapse before reporting. Some also have inclement weather clauses changing reporting procedures during wearher events. Now, we all know the kid never intended to report it, but it is possible it may not meet the criteria. It may, but it may not.

At least the kid had the excuse of being a 17 yr old punk, an age at which the OP admits to making poor decisions himself. A grown man who cannot control himself and starts a huge commotion out of anger, blocks folks' driveways, and is apparently ignorant of the potential danger he placed his innocent, already nerve-racked, spouse in is another matter. You would think that a mature responsible person would get the plate number, call the cops, and wait a decent distance away. Like I said, of the two jackasses involved at least the kid can blame youth.

"but I’ve learned lessons and matured on my journey on this earth..." Apparently not.

Last edited:

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really ***** drawnon but from what you said you did everything right. I'm not positive if it was wise to follow him and block his exit though. If you could have written down his license plate and stayed back while you called the police you could have avoided the mob scene.

You were smart not to get into a physical confrontation. That would have only compounded the matter. Hopefully your insurance company will pursue this matter to the full extent.

Maybe that kid "dodged the bullet" and his responsibility this time but sure as heck he won't the next time. Maybe he'll hit & run somebody bigger than his Dad. And I bet his father knows the truth.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously? Doing "everything right" by inflaming the situation by starting the hostile confrontation ("I saw the truck in the drive way and parked across the end of it so he can’t drive away. I get out of the truck and it turns out to be a 17 year old punk kid acting like I did something to him. I start screaming what kind of a$$hole speeds away from an accident") in the first place? Who exactly is acting like a punk kid here? :freak3:

If the OP had handled this in a mature manner, he would not have started this commotion that attracted even the neighbors to it. And remember, you are getting ONE side of this story. The 17 yr old probably has a different take on it. :waytogo: Maybe the chronological kid was scared and inexperienced, was being yelled at by the OP by his own admission ( because do you really believe that in the less than one second the vehicles were in contact the OP could cuss out, and get cussed at, by the 17 yr old?), and was going home to report it or place of safety to get away from the obvious out-of-control aggressor even by his own account?

Last edited:

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
Go to the police with pictures of the jeep, if they don't change his ticket. Get a copy of his passing on the right and take him to small claims court. There are a lot of ways to get even with out confrontation, his insurance company is one way. Just my 2c worth.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought to do that. I still have to go back to the police dept by the end of the week. The cop told me due to all the accidents the police report wont be ready until then. Can they do something like that after the fact?
I don't know about other states but the 2 I am familiar with in a accident the "at fault" driver get's a ticket no matter what.Now if it's like that in your state and when you get a copy of the accident report make sure it states he was at fault.After all of that simply contact your isurance company,if you got a good one(state farm,american family,usaa) they can deal with there insurance company so you do not have to,yes you will need to get some estimates but generally those don't take very long.Now since you where not at fault your vehicle must be put back into OE condtion so make it very clear that OEM parts are to be used only no matter what.If you know someone that is in or has been in the autobody trade take him with you when you pick up your fixed vehicle,do not sign anything until inspected and your happy with the repairs and make sure you inspect it outside on a very sunny day as that will bring out the faults in paint work very easily.

If you have e-insurance,progressive,or gieco good luck as they will not fight for you.

drawnon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His license plate was covered with snow, and couldn't be read driving behind him. The phone was already in my wife's hand 3 seconds after he hit me, but we couldn't read the plate. Yea I started screaming. He put my wife's and I lives in danger, and the other motorists lives in danger by driving like an a$$. And as for me blocking the driveway, I wanted that plate number. After I got the plate number, I couldn't care less if he drove across the lawn to get away, as long as I got the numbers. Having a drivers license is a privilege, not a constitutional right, and he has to be held responsible. I don't care if he was scared. He has to man up, and face what he did. If he pulled over, and did the right thing, my attitude would have been non existent. Life happens. People get into fender benders. But they pull over and exchange insurance info, and if needed, get the police involved. What if he hit me harder, and I spun out into oncoming traffic, and got stoved by a big rig. Its OK for him to speed off because he was scared? What if it was your wife and kids in the car? Is it OK for him to drive off because he was scared? I feel that aside from calling him an a$$hole, everything else I did was justified.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His license plate was covered with snow, and couldn't be read driving behind him. The phone was already in my wife's hand 3 seconds after he hit me, but we couldn't read the plate. Yea I started screaming. He put my wife's and I lives in danger, and the other motorists lives in danger by driving like an a$$. And as for me blocking the driveway, I wanted that plate number. After I got the plate number, I couldn't care less if he drove across the lawn to get away, as long as I got the numbers. Having a drivers license is a privilege, not a constitutional right, and he has to be held responsible. I don't care if he was scared. He has to man up, and face what he did. If he pulled over, and did the right thing, my attitude would have been non existent. Life happens. People get into fender benders. But they pull over and exchange insurance info, and if needed, get the police involved. What if he hit me harder, and I spun out into oncoming traffic, and got stoved by a big rig. Its OK for him to speed off because he was scared? What if it was your wife and kids in the car? Is it OK for him to drive off because he was scared? I feel that aside from calling him an a$$hole, everything else I did was justified.

x2

incommando always just tries to start :favorites68:. I think that kid should be shown some fatality pics from accidents caused by the same sort of actions he was doing. ...complete disregard for others' lives.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I mean OBVIOUSLY there had to be a REASON for you to chase him down, and since it was snowing, that TYPICALLY, and COMMONLY causes obstruction of license plate, which I HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER FOR BEFORE.

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Doing "everything right" by inflaming the situation by starting the hostile confrontation ("I saw the truck in the drive way and parked across the end of it so he can’t drive away. I get out of the truck and it turns out to be a 17 year old punk kid acting like I did something to him. I start screaming what kind of a$$hole speeds away from an accident") in the first place? Who exactly is acting like a punk kid here? :freak3:

If the OP had handled this in a mature manner, he would not have started this commotion that attracted even the neighbors to it. And remember, you are getting ONE side of this story. The 17 yr old probably has a different take on it. :waytogo: Maybe the chronological kid was scared and inexperienced, was being yelled at by the OP by his own admission ( because do you really believe that in the less than one second the vehicles were in contact the OP could cuss out, and get cussed at, by the 17 yr old?), and was going home to report it or place of safety to get away from the obvious out-of-control aggressor even by his own account?

You are out of your mind. I'm pretty sure I would have handled this the exact same way. Someone hits your vehicle, visually acknowledges it and then speeds off would boil my blood. I would have absolutely blocked him in, called the cops and confront him and whomever right there. I also would have told my wife to stay in the car, lock it and start taking pictures with her cell phone.

The hostile confrontation was started by this little punk, not the OP, they are fully responsible with every driving law regardless of age. It is RIDICULOUS that they are not giving him a hit and run violation, it would be worth the time for the OP to go down to the station for an explanation.

Hell maybe you're the friend of the kid who came out and acted like a little b*tch too.

KingMick217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's alot in this world that would be solved with a good-old-fashioned ass-whooping.
The kid that did the hit and run - ass-whooping.
Drawnon for not keeping your head about you when dealing with the kid- ass-whooping.
The kid's friend and dad for trying to jump your butt without all the facts- ass-whooping.
The cop for trying to protect some irresponsible punk kid- ass-whooping.
Incommando evidently just for being you- ass-whooping.
And myself for making generalized statements about people I don't know-ass-whooping.

You see people are much less likely to lose their damn fool minds when they realize that someone out there might just give them the ass-whooping that they deserve.

BTW It ***** you got hit, I just felt compelled to dish out my ass-whooping rant.

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. Human beings never cease to disappoint the hell out of me! Im glad it didnt happen to me because Id have had a hard time not showing my 1911! Son of a ***** hits me and takes off! Then the ******* claims that I am the problem!!! Punk ass *****

drawnon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD Joe... for pulling your piece...a$$ whooping
thats awesome...a$$ whoopings for everybody

:gunner:
:buttkick:

Status
Not open for further replies.