Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SinewStew

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my KJ just wouldn't start so I changed the plugs, ran a diagnostics and found out it was the fuel pump. I purchased a replacement OEM pump and installed it in the old housing. Now my fuel gauge will not work. I had to drop the entire tank as there isn't an access door in my truck. I don't want to remove it ever again. Is there another way to address this problem?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed there is a point in time when embarking on one of the journeys of DIY. That you say to yourself i should've paid someone else to do this. This is a major PITA why am i even trying this. Once you finish and crack the cold one you feel proud but know deep down you never want to do it again.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed there is a point in time when embarking on one of the journeys of DIY. That you say to yourself i should've paid someone else to do this. This is a major PITA why am i even trying this. Once you finish and crack the cold one you feel proud but know deep down you never want to do it again.

That is exactly my Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor.....