Fuel Pump Access Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, does my '06 have an access cover for the fuel pump in the cargo area? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I doubt it. I think the European "Cherokees" have an access panel there but the USA doesn't. Idealistic CRD owners have looked for it in order to add a lift pump and end up dropping the tank.

MYKE (?) should know for sure since he recently painted the inside of his Liberty.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice one on my 06 Renegade when I dropped the tank to fix the fuel burp issue, I also replaced the pump then

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice one on my 06 Renegade when I dropped the tank to fix the fuel burp issue, I also replaced the pump then
Was that difficult? I'd like to do the same as well as replace the level sensor which I understand is on the bottom of the pump. Regarding the burp issue, I only see the band aid repair of installing a GM flapper in the fill tube. What did you do to fix that? I saw a fix in the tank for Wranglers that burped and I figured the Liberty must be similar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk