Frt. Drive Shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know napa has the best replacement boots, i've looked at a few different brands of boots and none of them (Including napa's unfortunately) really compare to the quality of the OEM rubber.. that being said.. even with the worst boots.. you shouldn't be having this type of issue......

G36 Shooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still on my original repair done last Oct, from the kit, no problems

how often do you use 4x4?

not that it should cause it to break that soon and so many times

This is August no need to use 4WD. And with the Comand-Trac in my KJ I dont understand why the boot is failing.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is August no need to use 4WD. And with the Comand-Trac in my KJ I dont understand why the boot is failing.
Your front driveshaft turns all the time,does not matter if your in 2wd or 4wd it still turns.

Most likely your issue is one created from heat.As alot of '03+ KJ's with the cat right next to the t-case end of the front driveshaft it will crack from heat,most take between 50k-150k before it's done.Aftermarket boots may not hold up as well to the extreme heat and will fail sooner.If it was me I would be making a small heat shield,would do wonders.

G36 Shooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your front driveshaft turns all the time,does not matter if your in 2wd or 4wd it still turns.

Most likely your issue is one created from heat.As alot of '03+ KJ's with the cat right next to the t-case end of the front driveshaft it will crack from heat,most take between 50k-150k before it's done.Aftermarket boots may not hold up as well to the extreme heat and will fail sooner.If it was me I would be making a small heat shield,would do wonders.

I will look into this mod. After all of the rebuilds I have had 4 in 10,000mi. I am going to replace the CV-joint,boot assy. myself. Found one on Amazon (Dorman) I have hade the drivetrain checked out and no probs. can be found, so my thinking is the shop is useing a poor quality part. What else can I do? The Lib is a great vehicle, and plan to drive the wheels off of it. Will post updates.

Latest posts

Members online