Front washers won't squirt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My windshield washer isn't working on the front window. Works fine on the back window. Plenty of fluid. I can't even hear a pumping noise when I pull down on the lever - not sure I'm s'posed to.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this problem would be appreciated.

Jim

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My windshield washer isn't working on the front window. Works fine on the back window. Plenty of fluid. I can't even hear a pumping noise when I pull down on the lever - not sure I'm s'posed to.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this problem would be appreciated.

Jim

The washer motor turns in one direction to wash the front and turns in the opposite direction to wash the rear....a series of valves directs the water flow.

So you should hear the pump running whether you are operating the front or rear washers....get under the front-right of the Jeep while someone operates the lever to have a good listen!

Most likely the Multi-function switch is bad..this is the switch at the top of the steering with the stalks on the Left and the Right...replace with the correct one depending on if you have front fog lamps fitted or not.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...you should hear the pump running whether you are operating the front or rear washers....get under the front-right of the Jeep while someone operates the lever to have a good listen!
[removed for reasons of stoopidity]

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.

Jim

Last edited:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT'S WORKING!

You must be registered for see images

No, I am NOT going to tell you what the problem was...

I'd be too embarrassed.
You must be registered for see images