Front tires wobble at full turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I do a full turn the front tires seem to almost wobble. Like they move out of place(toe in or out like there is play). The hubs and inner tie rods have no play. I jack it up and push pull and so on and no play on tires. I don't see how a sway bar link or ends could be causing it, and with no play on tires I'm a little confused to what it is. It only happens on full turns right or left when going really slow like making a full turn in driveway or parking spot. I don't see how this is normal but with Jeeps who knows. Is this a common thing or common problem with the 07's? Any help appreciated. Thanks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably best to take it in for an alignment & let em check it over!
Are you lifted?

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah for alignment check. Have the ujoint checked too if it is seized.

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in 4wheel drive. The upper control arms look new/replaced before I got Jeep. They aren't stock. Happens when in full lock turn like I said when slow like in driveway or parking lot(don't do full lock turns on road at speeds obviously). Almost 100percent sure its both tires. Like when I full lock turn its turning smoothly then it just feels like tires move out of place like a wobble, it jerks. Like almost the tires toe in or out bad

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have someone else drive it in circles and see if you can see anything moving / binding etc
What UCAs does it have ?

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my bro just went over it again. Me and him both drove in full lock turns and we didn't see the tires move but that was on dirt and hard to feel it on dirt. So we didn't see tires move on full lock turn on dirt but you can feel it. Looked over the upper ball joints both sides, they seemed tight, inner/outer tie rods and shook tire in all different positions and hubs seemed fine also. The only thing we can come up with is maybe because the front suspension is shot on it that's why it does it at full lock turn when shifting/transferring weight and maybe the soft suspension isn't applying the weight/load of it down so tires might wobble/shift/not smooth turn at full lock turn

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my bro just went over it again. Me and him both drove in full lock turns and we didn't see the tires move but that was on dirt and hard to feel it on dirt. So we didn't see tires move on full lock turn on dirt but you can feel it. Looked over the upper ball joints both sides, they seemed tight, inner/outer tie rods and shook tire in all different positions and hubs seemed fine also. The only thing we can come up with is maybe because the front suspension is shot on it that's why it does it at full lock turn when shifting/transferring weight and maybe the soft suspension isn't applying the weight/load of it down so tires might wobble/shift/not smooth turn at full lock turn

1st you should never hold full lock for more then a few seconds.

Are you in 2wd or 4wd? Does it do it on pavement? If so does it feel different then when on dirt?

KJ's have a very tight turning radius so at full lock you could be loosing traction on loose surfaces and pushing the tires.A bad alignment can also cause this feeling.

Latest posts

Members online