Front tires locking up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmoore002

Reaction score
Hi all!

New to the website/forum, I just got a 2008 liberty and the front brakes keep locking up. I have changed the calipers, rotors, and pads. I bled the lines and the brakes worked great but only for a couple of minutes then they were back to being locked up again.

Has anyone else had this problem or can give me some advise of what else I can possibly do to fix it.

2008 liberty 2WD w/ ABS

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I next would look at the rubber lines to the calipers. They get soft inside and the rubber turns to little teeny BBs. You can push fluid out to the calipers but it can't get back out.

Cmoore002

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Checked the hoses they look good (visually). Took out the ABS fuse and the brakes don't seem to be locking up (they would lock up after about 5 mins of driving) could something be wrong with the ABS system which is causing the problem?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, absolutely. I don't have ABS on my Jeep so someone else will have to help you with that.