Front suspension noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robocody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Now that it's cold, I'm hearing some weird noises coming from the front of my Jeep. It sounds like I'm bottoming whenever I go over a bump, But I know I'm not. Kind of a squeaking noise. The ride quality doesn't suffer any, and It still handles well. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard it from theirs when it is cold out... Or if there's anything I need to get looked at. It's funny... I didn't notice the noise until I took it to the dealer to have my ball joints replaced.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Cody

Robocody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, Thanks... I did a quick search and saw that most of them have it, but When I got under there and hit all the joints and bushings with wd-40, It didn't go away, so I was worried. :eek: Glad to hear that I'm probably not doing any damage :D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But just in case might want to recheck all the nuts/bolts,pay extra attention the the swaybar endlink bolts,bottom bolts need to be at 80lbs-ft or torque and the uppers are 100lbs-ft.

idontfeelright

Reaction score
Hey,

Now that it's cold, I'm hearing some weird noises coming from the front of my Jeep. It sounds like I'm bottoming whenever I go over a bump, But I know I'm not. Kind of a squeaking noise. The ride quality doesn't suffer any, and It still handles well. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard it from theirs when it is cold out... Or if there's anything I need to get looked at. It's funny... I didn't notice the noise until I took it to the dealer to have my ball joints replaced.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Cody

I have been having this same problem and was getting worried myself, but now i know what it is. The sound, sounds like metal scraping on the road kind of like how you mentioned.

Latest posts

Members online