Front suspension combination questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know it was just some costumers totally random, it worked out but i wish he turned around. But ya the KJ looks better and better every week. I cant believe i had this car for 3 years all stock without everthinking to mod it. It rides much nicer and this is from a guy who thought the daystar kit on 120k shock and springs felt fine....Man was i out of wack, its nice to drive around now

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
i know it was just some costumers totally random, it worked out but i wish he turned around. But ya the KJ looks better and better every week. I cant believe i had this car for 3 years all stock without everthinking to mod it. It rides much nicer and this is from a guy who thought the daystar kit on 120k shock and springs felt fine....Man was i out of wack, its nice to drive around now

That's one nice looking Jeep you have there!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok ladies and gentlemen here it is, i have only driven it to work and back so im hoping it will sag a little more like i said the a arms are pretty close tell me what you guys think, there is no offroading in this kjs future for a little while
You must be registered for see images attach

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Good lord that sits high on the front. I really don't like how close that ball joint and spring rubber is sitting. Now if you had the rear sitting at the same height as the front. Lookin' good though. :D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be cutting that spacer down by at least 1".Your to high for OEM UCA's,looks like you already popped the balljoint boot.Soon those coils will be shot from all the pre-tension you are putting on them to gain lift,oh and you just voided the OME warranty also with that spacer.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So what height is the spacer in the Frankenlift then? It looks like the 2.5" Daystar spacer in any pics I have seen of a Franky front set-up. :confused:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off i got these springs on clearance so it was to try out a new lift. the ball joint isnt popped what your seeing is some rtv. so will al a arms really be able to fix that issue of how close it is

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
first off i got these springs on clearance so it was to try out a new lift. the ball joint isnt popped what your seeing is some rtv. so will Al's a arms really be able to fix that issue of how close it is

I sure as heck hope so!
For the six bills they cost me, I didn't buy them 'cause they were red!;):D
All kidding aside, I believe that is why they are as popular as they are.
To solve just that very issue.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Als arms will not solve that much, need to cut that spacer down ( your coils are so compressed down they look like mine with over 95,000 miles on them) and the CVs are going to be unhappy as well. have you tried to align it yet? Is that measurament from the center of the wheel, can not tell for sure. But looks Too high to make everything work right, been up that high with mine ( well at 23.50 center of wheel to bottom of flare) and brought it back down to a more liveable level, well until I get cut CVs

Last edited:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya als said it would fix it but at only 3/8 more clearence then stock im not to sure, I plan on taking it down an inch and that should be level with the rear. I got the time today to do it. Do you think i should cut an inch down or do you think i should use the old springs

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
As it was said a couple of times before, just use the new OME springs and do the 3/8 clevis lift and see where it puts you. That way it is a livable lift without alot of problems with the cv joints.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As it was said a couple of times before, just use the new OME springs and do the 3/8 clevis lift and see where it puts you. That way it is a livable lift without alot of problems with the cv joints.

x2.....:)

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its kinda fun to try different combos and see what i get. The only part I hate is the stupid spring compressor and lower clevis bolts. O and i cant forget i also have to drive the girlfirends vw cabrio when im wrenching, man i feel lame in that

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Its kinda fun to try different combos and see what i get. The only part I hate is the stupid spring compressor and lower clevis bolts. O and i cant forget i also have to drive the girlfirends vw cabrio when im wrenching, man i feel lame in that

It is fun for a while....I have had mine torn down at least 13 to 15 times trying different combinations over the past two years, install something else, run it for a while, tear it apart and do it all over again.
Mines ready for new springs though, after over 85000 showing on the speedo ( uncorrected so more like 92/95000) they are starting to sag. So next is ................:eek:whoops almost let the cat out of the bag:D

After a month in Tanzania driving a Lexus I will be ready to play with my KJ again!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mines ready for new springs though, after over 85000 showing on the speedo ( uncorrected so more like 92/95000) they are starting to sag. So next is ................:eek:whoops almost let the cat out of the bag:D

After a month in Tanzania driving a Lexus I will be ready to play with my KJ again!

So next is an SFA????:cool::D

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
It is fun for a while....I have had mine torn down at least 13 to 15 times trying different combinations over the past two years, install something else, run it for a while, tear it apart and do it all over again.

Ok admit it Tommudd, you are going back to Rusty's springs aren't ya'? :p

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Back to Rustys ....was never there to begin with!;) read for three months on LOST back in 04 and did it the right way from the git go! :D:D:D Now if he would come out with a spring that would give 3.5 inches of lift with a spring rate of 450 lb we would be all over it:rolleyes:
And there is a place that will make those:cool::D:):rolleyes:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to Rustys ....was never there to begin with!;) read for three months on LOST back in 04 and did it the right way from the git go! :D:D:D Now if he would come out with a spring that would give 3.5 inches of lift with a spring rate of 450 lb we would be all over it:rolleyes:
And there is a place that will make those:cool::D:):rolleyes:
So I take it there's a package from St Mary's Kansas coming?;)