Front Recovery point(s) Help me decide

Front Recovery Point(s) Help me Decide

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the hook isnt bent, figured that out. So im guessing it is the subframe hoosier. I am certainly not using that, last thing I need is to be winched out and the hook comes flying into the guys window. Would I be able to throw a front hitch on if I can find one, or will that bent piece get in the way by being weak or anything. I have no knowledge of the KJ frame so I just want someone to tell me what my remedy should be. I dont wanna be without front recovery points.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The hitch would put less pressure on that as it distributes the "stress" more evenly...but even that much could be a gamble as to whether it holds up.

You could have a custom job done, maybe find a well learned welder, and maybe weld a hitch there? Some others might have better ideas than me though.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, I might have to do that. Lets see if anyone else chimes in.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is for the D-rings, but . . . WARNING: D-rings on the front of a Jeep may inadvertently resemble a different vehicle:

You must be registered for see images attach

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heard a snap!

Tow hooks came in and I installed them on the KJ yesterday. As I was tightening the nuts and bolts to the 40lb torque specs heard a snap and the nut with the long thread of the "m" type bolt came off in my hand. Anyone have this problem?

I was able to get the bolt that goes in the cross member to specs but the "m" bolts won't go to 40lbs and was afraid to tighten any further. The one I did try to get to specs snapped off in my hand.

Called the Dealer and a replacement set of bolts are on the way.

This time I'm going to tighten them by hand and then a little further but the won't be torqued to 40lbs. Think i will have problems?

guitarzan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Curt quit making that front hitch?

Front hooks on mine. They've worked fine the couple times I've used them so far.

Function > Form

Reaction score
hmm wonder why? and when? cause i just got mine a few months ago on my KK. has anyone called and asked to order one?

bringin' this thread BACK FROM THE DEAD :025:

I enquired with Detours today about whether they were still making the KJ Backbone System and they said:

"Yes, it's still being made. It's the busiest time of the year so I'dneed 2-3 weeks. New laser cut & formed just arrived from subcontractor so everything is in stock for assembly/fabrication.

Mark"

Cool product!! And cheap too at $348+ship.