Front Driveshaft ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
here we go again
:happy175:
check over on TBJs site may of been where I saw it, can't remember now he was responding to TBJ i think in the post and said he got it installed and had vibration in 4 wheel drive but whatever not that important

and you should clean out the mud everytime you wheel causes way less problems in the long term trust me

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"And yes drive shaft is in as of last night only a very small vib. when in 4wd at higher speed's !!!! other wise perfect !!!" - 1996xj

I also just called him to ask him about the vibration. He said it was very very small and only happenned above 40mph in 4wd. He also said but who drive in 4wd at 40mph?

Go for the cv dude, its your call. The uj option is a much better option in my opinion.

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is just something to think about

my cv boot tore this summer, after 8 years 130,000 miles,

the drive shaft was fine other wise, I got the new cv head From Eric
for around 100

if you take the cost of a new drive shaft (300-450 depending on where you get it), I can replace my cv head 3-4x (or once per year) till I pay that same amount for 1 new drive shaft,

so for a worst case senerio that the cv head fails every year, 1hr job to change out seems ok with me,

Jeepkj

Reaction score
ok i got a front driveshaft fromt alldrivelines.com
saw that some poeople on L.O.S.T used them with good luck and after i got it installed i have a vibration at 50 or so in 2wd and 30 and up in 4wd should i be worried or is this because i went to a shaft with ujoints dont want to hurt anything else.......almost seems like they didnt balance the shaft

liberty5

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new in this forum. I own a 2004 Jeep Liberty 4x4, just came upon an issue that is driving me nuts. I have a slight vibration on the center of my floor. Had it checked out and was advised to replace the upper and lower ball joints which I did. The vibration continues I took it to a mechanic and he told me my front bearings were going bad. So I replaced them yesterday and again on my drive to work still noticed the same vibration. Any suggestions? I read a couple of articles on the Forum and it indicates it could be my Front Driveshaft. Any suggestiong are strongly welcomed. Thank you!!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way to narrow it down is to remove the driveshaft and see if the vibration stops.
Also, you could check your front diff fluid level and have your alignment checked

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way to narrow it down is to remove the driveshaft and see if the vibration stops.
Also, you could check your front diff fluid level and have your alignment checked

First, Welcome to the Forum! (welcome)

Second...What he said (yeahthat)

Boib