Front Bumpstop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How the @#$% do you get the front bumstop in? I tried microwaving it and using a crowbar to get it in but nothing worked. Any helpful hints?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Microwave?? Having it for breakfast or what?
Lube it up some, soap etc works good , some use a 2X4 or something similar to help shove it up in. Start the back up then then pop the front in

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a little 3 in 1 oil around the top and that helped a lot. Agree with starting toward the back and then work the front it.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same method of back to front. I was pushing so hard I thought I was lifting the kj off the ground....turn out I wasn't though. Couple tries and she went in :)

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bare hands , little bit of grease on the part that pops into place, i hooked in the outter side first (bottom of bumpstop will be pointing toward the wheel) then push up and toward the inside of the wheel well and it went right in.

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wedge it in there enough to hold, then go take the jeep out and "bottom it out", the a-arms will push them into place! Sounds bad, but it worked for me!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
wedge it in there enough to hold, then go take the jeep out and "bottom it out", the a-arms will push them into place! Sounds bad, but it worked for me!

Cool Jeep, you ever taken it off any sweet jumps?

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites