Front Brakes Replaced. Braking Is Worse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, did this shop actually bleed the brakes and fix the problem, or just do an inspection?

Inspection. I am having the 2nd facility inspect as well and then I will decide what to do at that point.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are driving around in a vehicle with the bleeders leaking, and a brake system with air in it?

Not sure who is the crazy one here?

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other priorities right now such as my medical care and I don't have the time right now. I am going to have the second shop fix it because they are going to be installing my frankenlift.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
There are other priorities right now such as my medical care and I don't have the time right now. I am going to have the second shop fix it because they are going to be installing my frankenlift.

There are priorities other than having a safe vehicle to drive?

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do have air in the system,how is almost impossible if doing a simple pad/rotor replcement, it takes like 10-15mins to bleed the system out and if not done ASAP can lead to total brake failure in which your responsible since you refuse to get it fixed.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got me there Tjkj ***** feels like the working always has to pay for everyone else. Ok now I'm having a car insurance moment.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps if you would take a step back and listen to me seriously. I am going through a serious, long term medical condition that requires hospitalizations and frequent visits at a hematology and oncology clinic.

Since I was not admitted this week and not having high enough platelets due to the last round of chemotherapy, I will have to wait until later. Now that I have this whole week off, I will take it to a shop and have it done.

I have insurance and it is not paid by the tax payers. You guys need to take it down a notch and realize that total brake failure is a remote possibility when there are parking brakes and putting the vehicle in neutral or downshifting and steering options along with the service brakes that will still work without hydraulics anyway.

I already faxed the documentation to the credit card company and they are taking the case and reviewing it and have already issued me the credit and the merchant has x amount of days to respond.

I will contact a repair facility and have the brakes bled first thing this morning.

Satisfied?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
This is my first post in this thread, and all other issues aside, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. :)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
What he said.

Being that you don't post a lot, let me be the one to say... you'll have to take some things said with a grain of salt. For real. While the personalities around here can sometimes be abrasive, the advice/concern is usually good.

Usually.

I hope you're feeling better soon. (Cheers)