Front brake problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trazman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, did anybody noticed any problems with front breaks with 245/75/16? I have noticed that my brakes are warming too much, some times there is also some smoke... What should I do? I would try to do some wholes in front discs, would it help?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
No...no problems with tire size....that has nothing to do with braking performance. I would be looking at the front calipers to make sure that they are not seizing up. Check to see if the slides are working properly. If you are seeing smoke, then there's a problem somewhere.

trazman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but my english is not so good, so I would be glad if you would explaine what are front calipers and the slides...

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score

Liberty For All

Reaction score
How long can one go with normal on road Liberty driving and not change front brakes?
I have gone at least 27K on this set of stock pads and it still is stopping.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...no problems with tire size....that has nothing to do with braking performance. I would be looking at the front calipers to make sure that they are not seizing up. Check to see if the slides are working properly. If you are seeing smoke, then there's a problem somewhere.

Sorry but this is wrong information.

Larger tire 99% of th etime mean HEAVIER tires and this WILL increase the wear and tear and heat build up on brake parts. You can try a SLOTTED ROTOR and a higher friction brake pad as I have to increas the braking performance. Depending on where you are from I can give so help on what brake pads and rotors are available in Europe. If you can speak German I can talk to you on the phone abut it but my writen Deutsch is not good at all.

Drilled rotors that are not OEM or built for motorsports specs need to be avoided at all cost as they are not cast correctly for this application.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
larger tires will heat up the brakes somewhat more if you use them hard and a lot so above poster is somewhat correct but not 100%

I have ran larger than stock tires since mine had less than 20,000 miles on it. Replaced the fronts finally at 98,000 ( they still had 10-15000 on them) and the rears at 135,000

so back to the OP

calipers are more than likely sticking

Latest posts

Members online