Front brake caliper pin-and-boot kit discontinued by Mopar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AVR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Mopar front caliper pin-and-boot kit for the '05 KJ is listed in the 2005 parts catalog as 05019987AA, but it seems to have been discontinued. Can anyone confirm this?

And if I have to go aftermarket, can anyone recommend a kit that definitely fits? Having done some Googling, it seems that the kits from Raybestos and Carlson have proved problematic, with either one of the pins or one of the bushings not fitting.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Challenge for the OP is he's in the Middle East - O'Reilly and NAPA don't have many locations in those parts :freak3:

How about RockAuto.com? They ship worldwide and are very loyal sponsors of Jeep KJ Country.

Bob

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to change my pins and bolt cause they are looking their age. do the caliper pins just slide out or is there any trick?

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pins just slide out, or rather pull, the boot will try to hold them in, put just pull until it breaks the seal. no tools needed to get the pins out besides your hands (once the caliper is off of course)