Front bearing shot. Just replaced last year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The skf i can get have a 3 year warranty from what I can see and the parts store near me has them for practically the same price as on rockauto. That way I might actually get them installed next Monday or Tuesday. I'm guessing I'd probably be fine waiting the week or so but for $50 maybe I just won't take the chance. Plus the Timken bearing I'm looking at on rockauto only says 12month warrranty

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For sure get the SKF then, $50 is worth 2 more years of warranty.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i only use rockauto for non mechanical items due to them being a PITA to deal with warranty.
I'd only shop B&M.

Interestingly autozone doesn't sell timken hub assembly for some reason anymore.
That's where I bought mine w/ lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting.
something unfortunately is going on then.

maybe the orange guru would know what's going on.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I got my Timken rears through 1aauto.. but can't say whether or not they were less or more expensive than other places..
Just rechecked the pricing on the front hub assemblies from them, and they only have 1 set left in stock and they have no ABS sensors.
Lifetime warranty though. $330.

I got a pair from them for the front with abs sensors for 110 and came with a 2 year warranty..
Bought timken rear bearings from them for 45 which also came with lifetime warranty....

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get there store branded version that was made in china.

As a guy who worked at Autozone for over 7 years (and no, I'm not THAT guy who you hate to get at the counter, I was actually good at my job), yes, you'll get whatever replaced the brand/warranty of what you bought.

In many cases, it may still be a Timken bearing, but branded under their Duralast name. MAYbe... these things change all the time.

I remember when we switched drivebelts... used to have a value line, "generic" looking ones made by Kelly-Springfield, and Goodyear belts. Moved the mid tier to the Duralast brand, but still the same belt made by a reputable rubber manufacturer.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hubs installed. Quite easy really. I almost did, and I really thought I had for a minute, strip the head of one of the E14 bolts. Managed to tap the socket on with a hammer. That was the hardest part though. Since these hubs had been replaced just a year ago nothing was rusted too severely. Hub did not fall off the shaft like in the video however. I had all 3 bolts off and just slowly pounded it off the shaft. Hopefully these Korean skf bearings are good quality.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hubs rarely will fall right out, even after a few weeks after install, that's why I mentioned in my first post about leaving one bolt slightly threaded on while you knock it away with a hammer..
But, I'm glad to hear you got your hubs installed and your problem sorted out!!

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hubs rarely will fall right out, even after a few weeks after install, that's why I mentioned in my first post about leaving one bolt slightly threaded on while you knock it away with a hammer..
But, I'm glad to hear you got your hubs installed and your problem sorted out!!

Yes I did do that, but I just meant in the video it kinda fell out, mine did not do that

Thank you for all the advice and help everyone!

Last edited: