Front Axle housing Broke....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Too bad that switch doesn't turn ESP off. :)

It SAYS it does, but it doesn't. It just "desensitizes" it.

The only way to turn ESP FULL OFF in a KJ Liberty is to yank the ABS Pump fuse. Believe me, I've tried it. It works. :p

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, stay away from hills and ravines, these brakes can't handle the heat, and you will die.
Yeah,not going to happen.

By the way my KJ is full wheeling form sat at 5500lbs(1000lbs less then max GVWR) before I sat my fat 200lbs butt in it,have drum rear brakes and still had zero issues with my brakes offroad but then again I do not have ABS/ESP/traction control either.Plus if your not going up your going down here on any trail in CO.

On extremely steep down hill desents having ABS is bad since you actually want the wheels to lock up,sounds backwards doesn't it,which in turn builds up loose dirt/rocks in front of the tires helping better to slow your speed and make the big lugs on your true offroad tires work there magic and ABS prevents all of that from happening and you just continue to build upo speed(and heat in the brakes) since you can not actually slow down.Anyways when on a good trail you should be in 4low and 1st gear only anyways.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Too bad that switch doesn't turn ESP off. :)

It SAYS it does, but it doesn't. It just "desensitizes" it.

The only way to turn ESP FULL OFF in a KJ Liberty is to yank the ABS Pump fuse. Believe me, I've tried it. It works. :p

It turned off for me just fine. When I go around bends to fast, the brakes kick in. With it off, nothing at all. When I hit bumps that lift the wheels up, I can feel it kick in, with it OFF, nothing at all. With it on, I can't spin the rear tires with a stomp to full throttle; with it off, I can. It turns off for me, completely, or, how I need it anyway. I had to turn it off on a trip, because it was getting erroneous readings on my way back from Missouri. Also, I get better gas mileage with it OFF than on.

It turns off ESP and SKID control, that's probably it. ABS, BAS, and Rollover stay on. You must keep it off, so your brakes don't overheat, because should you stumble upon a ravine, you're going down...

Diandra

Reaction score
Seriously, everyone just stop arguing with this guy. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm a chick, and even I know more than this guy.
When he's dying in the ravine, then he'll understand what you're talking about. (dunno)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously, everyone just stop arguing with this guy. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm a chick, and even I know more than this guy.
When he's dying in the ravine, then he'll understand what you're talking about. (dunno)

I agree with you 100 %, its like in the cartoons with a guy talking to a dog, all the dog hears is " Blah, blah blah "

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, this thread has been answered and needs to be closed.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.