Found a Shop Willing to Install OME Lift Now I Need to Pick Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mistake I thought the Frankenlift gave you more lift than just using OME springs & shocks. They give you 2 1/2" so the Franky gives you less than a 1/2"?

Sorry for the thread jack but I'm confused now!

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mistake I thought the Frankenlift gave you more lift than just using OME springs & shocks. They give you 2 1/2" so the Franky gives you less than a 1/2"?

Sorry for the thread jack but I'm confused now!

No need to apologize. If you have questions go a head and ask them here as I'm done for now with my questions regarding lifting my KJ.

Though now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas as I wait for my Franklift to arrive.

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like the answer to this is an obvious yes, but I"m going to ask anyway. So I'm about to order 245 17 16 Duratracks from Tirerack - should I purchase a 5th tire for the spare?

Last edited:

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so Pep Boys is who is going to install my kit for me. They, however cannot get the Duratracks, because according to them Goodyear has stopped producing that tire. I know I can get them from Tire Rack, but if I have any issues and Tire Rack has sold out my road hazard warranty will be worth toilet paper. So are there any other tires out there that are just as good on/offroad. That I can get a lot of mileage out of and are not heavier than necessary.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always give the Duck Commander tires a try lol

I've read good things about Toyo Open Country MT's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always give the Duck Commander tires a try lol

I've read good things about Toyo Open Country MT's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! :killer:

Are they more AT than MT? I think I really need an AT.

Last edited:

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, the duratracs are one of their most popular tires they ever made. I find it very hard to believe they discontinued them, especially since the Goodyear shop I was in last week still has them on their display wall.

I'd find a better/more honest shop if it were me...

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, the duratracs are one of their most popular tires they ever made. I find it very hard to believe they discontinued them, especially since the Goodyear shop I was in last week still has them on their display wall.

I'd find a better/more honest shop if it were me...

You are correct! I contacted a local Goodyear dealer this morning and found out this is not true and I will have Duratracs installed tomorrow.:emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
PepBoys for a lift install????
Good Luck with them hope they know what they are doing and everything must be tightened after full weight is on the ground etc. Have heard some stories about them.

Latest posts

Members online