Fog light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keegan

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 Liberty Renegade and I am having an issue with the fog lights mounted on the bumper. The only option I have is one click back turns on the high beams and the fog lights off when the headlights are on. I click the indicator back and it turns on the fog lights on with the regular beams on. Is there no option to have just the regular headlights on with no fog lights? Is it legal in CA to drive at night with the fog lights on? Newbie here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine, if I turn the knob thing, it turns my headlights on only and I have to push out on the knob thing to turn fogs on as well. But I don't know a Renegage so mine may be different. My fogs are the ones in the grill. So that was probably of no help what-so-ever.

**edit** What Luke said in his other post :ROFLJest:

Keegan

Reaction score
When I twist to turn the headlights on the fogs come on too. There seems to be no setting to just turn the headlights only on. Maybe rewired? Is it legal to drive with them on?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I twist to turn the headlights on the fogs come on too. There seems to be no setting to just turn the headlights only on. Maybe rewired? Is it legal to drive with them on?

V C Section 24403 of California State Law: Foglamps

24403. (a) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two foglamps that may be used with, but may not be used in substitution of, headlamps.

(b) On a motor vehicle other than a motorcycle, the foglamps authorized under this section shall be mounted on the front at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 30 inches and aimed so that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle projects higher than a level of four inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes, for a distance of 25 feet in front of the vehicle.

(c) On a motorcycle, the foglamps authorized under this section shall be mounted on the front at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 40 inches and aimed so that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle projects higher than a level of four inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes, for a distance of 25 feet in front of the vehicle.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2003 Renegade, once the headlight are on, I pull the left inch or so of the light control towards the drivers door. It won't let me turn on the fog lights by themselves. I haven't tried turning off the headlights with the fog lights on.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can turn on just the fog lamps on my '05 by turning on the parking lights only then pulling out the end of the stalk and I can turn on my headlights without pulling out the end of the stalk to turn on the fogs.

It's just a twist to turn on the lights, but a twist and pull to turn on the fogs and headlights.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I think you may be just doing it so fast that you don't realize that you are twisting and pulling ....

After you turn the lights on... what happens if you push the end of the stalk inwards towards the steering column?

Latest posts

Members online