Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Series muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And in the short period of time how can you say you gained 1.4 mpg. Give a sample over a few thousand miles... In similar conditions and habbits.

And also... How do you have "no more back pressure" Do you have exhaust pipes? A Cat? narrowed flanges? Restrictions in the muffler? Exhaust manifolds? All create backpressure, not that it's a bad thing.

Reaction score
crazily enough i have been almost 2000 miles since it was put on. the back pressure went down with the y-pipe getting fixed but its gone now.

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just I'll leave you believing you have no back pressure... You said you want to become a auto engineer... Be sure to tell everyone in your classes the same thing.

You may not have an EXCESSIVE backpressure on one bank of your motor like before, however you still have backpressure... simple

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
ms5490......You also had the crushed y pipe fixed. (I'm glad you finally had it fixed) That must have made a big difference .

That muffler looks half the length of the oem one. I like the diamondplate look. It probably has less baffeling in it.

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
huge difference. there was a huge horse power increase. my gas mileage went up by 3. i get 19 on the highways now

Reaction score
This video is better on the sound that every one heres. make no mistake, this thing is loud. but its a good loud.

You must be registered for see images attach

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say that the horsepower increase is from the fixed Y pipe. Trust me, no chance that a mere muffler swap will produce anything near a large enough gain for the butt dyno to discern.

Just an FYI, some backpressure is necesssary/good. Look it up. ;) There is such a thing as an exhaust that is too free-flowing.

Glad to hear you're loving the muffler. I had a loud V6 before (a VERY loud 3.0L Daytona) and it kinda killed me on the loud "6" scene. My 3.8L prix sounded good - there was a bad bend in the stock exhaust and a resonator. I removed the resonator for noise (stock mufflers flowed very good) and upgraded the pipe from the manifold to 2.5" from 2.25" to match the high ratio rockers and modified air intake. That made a decent difference in the top end, all of that together.

My KJ will remain stock in the exhaust area.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Kevin, have you ever heard a 3.7L KJ with an aftermarket exhaust (in person)?

It's enough to change your mind, believe me. :)

And there is a noticeable "power" increase. Ask Phil... he has a Magnaflow and I had trouble keeping up with him before on I-75. :(

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the videos, and so far, not impressed. This, of course, is just my opinion, but you're not going to make a V6 sound like a V8 IMO. To me, it just doesn't sound good. Maybe in person it's better - hopefully I'll have the opportunity to hear Phil's or someone else's in person.

I still highly doubt a muffler change alone on a 3.7L is going to make a noticeable difference - I'd attribute it to the vehicles alone. Some come from the factory more powerful than others, I have seen it first hand.

Has anyone done a flow bench or dyno comparison to back up that this massive power is added by the aftermarket exhaust item(s)?

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Atrus on this... I have a Aeroturbine 2525, Very little difference driving it. Honestly I'd say a loss in the low in, increase in high end. I'm only saying this so everyone doesn't run to the muffler shop only for the sake of mileage. I do like mine, in the winter it's a little bit loud till it warms up for my taste but otherwise it's great.

And as far as 19mpg highway... Back when I was stock I got upwards of 24 once in a highway at the pump, 21/22 normally, and maybe 19 in very bad headwinds.

Lifted and on 245/75/16's I'm still getting around 21/22 highway.

Reaction score
i've gotten crap gas mileage forever. since everythings been getting fixed its been better. i have notcied that when the engine is cold and i start it up, it isnt as loud as when its warm. when i came from downtown, got out, then left, i could hear it over my subs. sounded damn good too. but the acceleration in 5th gear has been slower. i dont know why because it seems like its faster in 1-4

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NV1500-5 speed manual
-1st-3.96:1
-2nd-2.37:1
-3rd-1.49:1
-4th-1:1
-5th-0.83:1
-R-3.54:1

NSG370 6 speed manual
-1st-4.46:1
-2nd-2.61:1
-3rd-1.72:1
-4th-1.25:1
-5th-1:1
-6th-0.84:1
-R-4.06:1

45RFE 4 speed auto ******
-1st-3:1
-2nd-1.67:1
-2nd prime-1.50:1
-3rd-1:1
-4th-0.75:1
-R-3:1

545RFE 5 speed auto ******
-1st-3:1
-2nd-1.67:1
-2nd prime-1.50:1
-4th-0.75:1
-5th-0.67:1
-R-3:1

42RLE 4 speed auto ******
-1st-2.84:1
-2nd-1.57:1
-4th-0.67:1
-R-2.1:1

Last edited:
Reaction score
update. i get 16.7 miles per gallon ave in city. thats alot of stop and go city. im headed to cleveland ohio soon so ill check the highway miles on the way back