First Time Stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ'S KJ

Reaction score
So I thought I'd post a few pics of the first time i got stuck in my KJ. But first let me give you a little back ground. For you that dont know in Saskatchewan where I live, it is very flat. So when people here go off roadin we go in to the ditch cuz we have no trails up here. When I went out it rained very heavy all day and when it finally let up me and I few buddies went out and found some mud in the ditch. In the pics i got stuck in a 14" to 16" deep rut and since I have a stock KJ it got stuck. I'm pretty sure with a lift and some good mudders i wouldnt have got stuck. Anyways it was fun:)

You must be registered for see images attach

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics.

Just a word of caution, if I may... be carefull what you are doing. The Greenies and Sierra Club down here take every chance to point fingers at motorized vehicles in the back country and are looking for excuses to shut down trails. By tearing up trails/roads etc, and making your own trails, is a very good way to get them closed. Believe me, it's happening down here in Arizona and there's even a movement in in the 4x4 mecca of Moab, UT to close some trails. The Greenies are really going after four wheelers.

I don't mean to preach, just pointing out what can and is happening. Going out after heavy rains and making deep ruts and tearing up the land is not cool.

Have fun, but remember to 'Tread Lightly' ;)

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully global warming will kill out the greenies before they have time to do any real damage.:D

Looks like that hitch and the rear diff were having a good time in the mud. Keep that speed up in the mud and you will get a little bit further... Which means it takes them longer to pull you out. :)

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my locale as time progressed, they pushed a new major road through about a mile or so away from the "old" road. The old road (paved and all) and all it's connecting side roads (mostly dirt roads) became a perfect haven for off-roading. The area has everything from old rough pavement, some nice hill climbs and some serious mud. About a year ago, the "greenies" started getting on the local county's back about the ongoing off-roading activities and now the police routinely patrol the area and hand out $150 fines. From what I've heard that they don't hand out too many tickets to the motorbikes or ATV's but the 4x4's never catch a break (the police patrol on motorbikes).
Thing that gets me is the county basically abandoned the area and left all the roads in tact (paved or whatever) and now as time takes it's toll and the roads erode and become overgrown, the area has become basically useless. So leave it to the "greenies" to see to it that no-one is allowed to use it for anything. The area is quite a ways outside the city, no-one lives close enough to be bothered by any noise and as far as I know it's not a haven for crime or anything. Since the area is NOT a protected wetland or any sort of wilderness area (again, there's old pavement everywhere) I can't understand why they don't just leave the 4x4 people alone?

sp3ct3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me not too long ago. There's a big empty lot, all dirt. Well when you get heavy rains, dirt turns to mud. My friend decides to egg me on, so I decide to go through it. I'm also driving a stock KJ Sport, so BAM, I charge in there and..*splat*

Next ten minutes consist of my friend and I pushing and gassing my kj out of the mud. Luckily enough he's a bit more off-road savvy then I, so he was able to help maneuver it out.

Last time I try some intense mudding like that.
It was probably about 10' of mud...

sad2.gif