First time Jeep/Chrysler owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxHotrod

Reaction score
Traded my Tacoma in on this KJ yesterday. I also have an 06 Mustang GT and just wanted something cheap, small, and able to tow for a daily driver / inclement weather vehicle.

Unbelievable how nice this thing still is at 100k miles. It could almost pass as new! Don't like all the chrome though, would like to swap it out for flat black & I've already ordered the parts needed to install my Pioneer app radio. Future plans will be a mild lift kit, slightly larger tires, and a few cosmetic add-ons.

Attachments

• IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 26

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Traded my Tacoma in on this KJ yesterday. I also have an 06 Mustang GT and just wanted something cheap, small, and able to tow for a daily driver / inclement weather vehicle.

Unbelievable how nice this thing still is at 100k miles. It could almost pass as new! Don't like all the chrome though, would like to swap it out for flat black & I've already ordered the parts needed to install my Pioneer app radio. Future plans will be a mild lift kit, slightly larger tires, and a few cosmetic add-ons.

Welcome to the forums , lots of great information on here and LOSTJEEPs on the KJs
Read up on lifts / tire size before jumping in, KJs are a little different but they enjoy being lifted :icon_lol:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Dave

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Just installed a Pioneer AppRadio on mine - love it.

Beautifully complements the lift, wheels, tires, leather seats, blah blah blah. You'll love your KJ!! :waytogo:

Bob

ivantate

Reaction score
Looks nice, similar soec to mine. I left the chrome on for a stock look and something to polish.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be simple to Plasti-Dip that grill! :icon_cool: Then I can take these sunglasses off....:gr_grin:

featherlight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
A can of matte black Krylon can do wonders... that's what I did for my front grille and it has held up really well against stone strikes and bugs so far. When it does need retouching, it will be as easy as wash, sand, spray. Alternatively you could also plastidip the grille a different color if you don't want the change to be permanent.