First jeep ever so far so good. Mods to come

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beano

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I recently acquired a 2006 sport with 75k miles on it. I live in Alaska so the first thing I did was put Bridgestone blizzak snow tires on. Just drove home last night 120miles from Seward to anchorage with a heavy snow and rain for 60 of those miles in the mountains. The tires were well worth the $550 I got them for at Costco
I picked up an unopened cruise control on eBay for $75 and installed it last week which I quite enjoy. Next mod I am thinking of is skid plates. I only expect to do mild off roading but I already surprised myself hitting a rock on the crossmember , no harm done but I would like to slide over the next one instead of sending it bouncing under the jeep again. I think the factory plates will do as I will be mostly on dirt roads and beaches not really bashing, any input is welcome. Is it just me or does the crossmember really stick out down there?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I recently acquired a 2006 sport with 75k miles on it. I live in Alaska so the first thing I did was put Bridgestone blizzak snow tires on. Just drove home last night 120miles from Seward to anchorage with a heavy snow and rain for 60 of those miles in the mountains. The tires were well worth the $550 I got them for at Costco
I picked up an unopened cruise control on eBay for $75 and installed it last week which I quite enjoy. Next mod I am thinking of is skid plates. I only expect to do mild off roading but I already surprised myself hitting a rock on the crossmember , no harm done but I would like to slide over the next one instead of sending it bouncing under the jeep again. I think the factory plates will do as I will be mostly on dirt roads and beaches not really bashing, any input is welcome. Is it just me or does the crossmember really stick out down there?

Welcome to Jeep KJ
Skid plates would be a wise investment
Cross member is not low when at stock height ( new stock)
with 75000 miles you'd be at an inch lower than stock I'll bet so everything sits lower

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Beano. Skids are a good investment and protection.

Pics?

Dave

Beano

Reaction score
Ahhh that's on the list too, along with front hooks and a rear hitch shackle. Thanks