Finally got the new tires on!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look great, ad I always loved the Red Freedom edition.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm normally not a fan of white out letters, in your case i don't mind it. looks great!

how do you like the off-road performance of this particular tire? I have them as 33's on an 09 Silverado, and they aren't too shabby. Pretty decent on sand, but they spin easily on wet grass/mud. what is your review?

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm normally not a fan of white out letters, in your case i don't mind it. looks great!

how do you like the off-road performance of this particular tire? I have them as 33's on an 09 Silverado, and they aren't too shabby. Pretty decent on sand, but they spin easily on wet grass/mud. what is your review?

Can't say much about them off road(other than gravel roads, etc.) I purchased them because they are awesome in the snow! (Had them on my explorer and loved them)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Looks sharp!
I never thought much of white lettering on tires until we bought our Goodyear M/T R Kevlar tires and they are only available with white lettering.
The look totally grew on me/us!
Now I wouldn't want tires without white lettering showing!

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sharp!
I never thought much of white lettering on tires until we bought our Goodyear M/T R Kevlar tires and they are only available with white lettering.
The look totally grew on me/us!
Now I wouldn't want tires without white lettering showing!

I agree. The thing is, a lot of manufacturers don't offer white letters anymore.. :disgust:

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you really like those tires on snow? I'm in the market myself, and one of my top criteria is great traction in snow. I live in MN and usually end up buying tires in the fall, plus ice fishing and snowmobiling are my main hobbies so I need tires that will support that. I'm looking to try something new that will compliment my Jeep's capabilities, and the price sure is right with those General's. Personally it's my first winter with the Liberty, it was my wife's vehicle before and we just kept the stockers on there. That just won't work for me, I don't care for them.

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know those tires have snowflake symbol which means they are rated for severe snow conditions. They must be really good though :)

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you really like those tires on snow? I'm in the market myself, and one of my top criteria is great traction in snow. I live in MN and usually end up buying tires in the fall, plus ice fishing and snowmobiling are my main hobbies so I need tires that will support that. I'm looking to try something new that will compliment my Jeep's capabilities, and the price sure is right with those General's. Personally it's my first winter with the Liberty, it was my wife's vehicle before and we just kept the stockers on there. That just won't work for me, I don't care for them.

I LOVE these tires in the snow. When I had my old explorer, we were out at my brother-in-laws birthday party when old mother nature decided to dump about 3 feet of snow in less than 6 hours. We had to drive over a mountain range to get back home. Needless to say, the only thing that I passed on that mountain that wasn't stuck in the snow was huge CAT grader going the other way! It took about double the time to get home, but never once did these tires even slip! Just to give you idea on how deep it was, I was dragging my undercarriage pretty much the whole way home.