Finally got my roof basket lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Mopar light bar but I've always wanted lights facing the rear. I would mainly use them for when I back my boat or if I'm backing out of somewhere very dark such as.....well, anywhere out of the city. It gets really dark at night lol or maybe just to blind that idiot behind with with his high beams on! MUAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, they finally came in and I can hardly wait to install them. They are waterproof LED spots. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I just tried them on a regular 9v battery (you know, the little square ones like in some remote controls) and it lit up the whole yard. Can't wait to actually try it on 12volts. I'll have to find those threads that show how to get power to the back of the roof rack and do the whole relay thing which I'm never sure of how to do.
Ahhhh, it's nice to be back on here with another project.
Stay tuned!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to see you're back! Was just thinking of you the other day wondering how your bass season has started.

Post pics and maybe a brief How-To. I'm always frustrated when hooking up the boat at night cuz I'm fumbling around in the dark. Just installed CREE LED backup lights that are VERY bright - but can't put the Jeep in reverse while I'm hooking up the boat :anitoof:

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Pictures!

but can't put the Jeep in reverse while I'm hooking up the boat

I was thinking about that as well. I end up turning off the Jeep leaving it in reverse with the lights on that that works. Just remember to E-Brake lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a good write up on LOST regarding hooking up the lights so they can be used in reverse or flip a switch and turn them on any time

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey tom...do you have a link? I've been searching for something like that.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those. Looks like it's going to work out real kick azz

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I showed my neighbor last night with just the 9V battery and he wants some too. He just doesn't know what he's going to use them for hahahaha
TwoBobs, bass season hasn't started yet but walleye season started yesterday but we didn't get any....we did get a few nice bass though! OOPS!

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAven't had time to install them yet. That and new rocker panels, front brake lines, gas tank strap, HP steering hoses again...and the list goes on. Don't think my 3 and 7 year old sons can help me....but they can sure take up my spare time lol

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Kj can wait for you to to work on it but your sons won't wait for you to grow up. Way to go dad keep up the good work and be a dad first.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Kj can wait for you to to work on it but your sons won't wait for you to grow up. Way to go dad keep up the good work and be a dad first.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I finally had time tonight because in in-laws took the boys but after 3 weeks of sun it's now raining. :disgust:

I also need to install my new rocker panels because the original ones are beyond rust. I think the rust will spread to the roof before I have time to do it lol

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score