Finally Completed then Totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dogem

Reaction score
Just want to say thank you to all of those who have answered my dumb questions over the past year. I was really new to the KJ and wanted to build one up for daughter's first car. I spent about eight months reading the forums and hunting for parts and I have to say it turned out just as planned with no issues. My wife thought I was nuts until she saw the outcome and then drove it all the time. Unfortunately last week my daughter got hit in an intersection by a drunk driver who ran a red light. My daughter came out unscratched but the Liberty was totaled by the insurance. Pics don't look that bad but it really did a number on the back axle and undercarriage.

Anyone looking for some parts, this is what I am selling. I don't work for a shipping firm so you pay actual shipping from 69101, figure it yourself.

Thanks again.

1. Teraflex front bump stops $15.00 plus shipping -----SOLD
2. Front License Plate holder $10.00 plus shipping
3. Front Tow Hooks $45.00 plus shipping ----- SOLD
4. OEM Fog lights with bulbs and wiring harness $50.00 plus $10.95 shipping
5. Four 1.5" wheel spacer/adapters $80.00 plus $14.95 shipping
6. Front Light Bar with 3 Hella 500 lights $100.00 plus shipping----- SOLD
7. Class 3 receiver hitch $50.00 plus shipping --------- SOLD
8. Five 265/70/16 Treadwright tires with approx 6K miles on them mounted on Liberty rims (1 is scuffed) $300 local pickup only.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RenegadeK

Reaction score
sorry to hear, that really *****, glad to hear she is ok though.

that being said i could take a few things off your hands.
bump stops
rear hitch
possibly light bar...
If i were local, i would take the tires too, but SC is too far for that.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Glad she was ok.

That totaled it? Doesn't look all that bad.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad she was ok and not hurt.

Sory about the Jeep though. It doesn't look bad from the pic. You need to get another KJ or KK now,since it is built well enough to save her.

Dave

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that and glad your daughter is ok, that is all that matters.
As for it being totaled I think it is due to the rocket panels. Someone said that they hit a rock once an he just had a big dent in pass door and ins totaled it.
You might be able to sell it to someone looking to offside it permanently. Some do that here in Nevada.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As usual, I posted hours ago only to find out my post never took. So again, here we go...... So sorry about the KJ but I'm glad your daughter was ok. Vehicles are replaceable, people aren't. If the hitch is still available and it isn't too expensive to ship to 60133 I would love to get it from you. Let me know the status please. Again, glad your daughter is ok.

dogem

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the nice comments folks, the main thing was that no one got hurt. All of the impact was on the right rear tire and quarter panel, broke the entire axle, drive train and control arms loose. That is why the body shops didn't think they could ever get it to track or line up correctly along with some major dollars in body work that is why they totaled it.

As for my daughter, it scared the heck out of her. Especially when it went up on two wheels and spun 180 degrees. I am positive that the wider stance from the tires and wheel spacers kept it from going over. The police couldn't believe it didn't end up on it's side and how tough of a vehicle it was due to the point of impact.

For now she is back to riding to school with her brother and it is unknown if I will start another project, really depends on how we come out with the insurance on this one. I do have to admit that this project was allot of fun and not near as expensive as my pickup.

Thanks again for all of your help and advise.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime someone posts a wreck thread, I am really glad I chose this vehicle for my own daughter.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the Jeep, but glad your daughter's ok.

It's amazing sometimes how little exterior damage can still result in a totaling of a vehicle. Good luck.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to here your daughter is OK, sorry about the Jeep.

Drunk drivers should be "removed" from society. Hope he/she gets the book thrown at them.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This proves yet again how sturdy a vehicle our Liberty's are. Glad to hear your daughter is okay.

If I lived closer to you I'd be interested in a few of your parts.

Say, just was that drunken bast$#@ driving anyways? I'm guessing it wasn't a Kia.

dogem

Reaction score
Not a Kia, was an 05 Ford Expedition and his was much worse off than the KJ. Moved most of the front into the motor and moved the motor back into the firewall.

Stupid SOB didn't even check to see if my daughter was alright then when the cops showed up he blamed her for running a red light even though there were three witnesses that said he obviously ran the red.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear/see what happened, but glad your babygirl is safe and sound. Lucky to be in a Jeep! That light bar flew off the shelf, didn't it? It looks very cool and whoever got it is pretty lucky. :) Where did you originally get the bar from?

It doesn't sound like you are actually parting it out, are you? I mean you are selling rims+tires, but you did not list anything from interior?

dogem

Reaction score
I really can't remember where I got the light-bar, it might be from Rugged Ridge but it's actually for a Wrangler. I just remember that we had to turn it backwards to mount and on 02-04 KJ's if you push it all the way back towards the grill and drill the back holes you actually hit metal. I just tapped it with threads and it held real solid.

The insurance company totaled and bought it for salvage so the only thing they would let me remove were the aftermarket things I installed. I was kicking myself for not keeping the original springs so I could pull the OME front and backs off, but I really didn't have much time since they came and got it already. I was only able to keep the tires and rims because I had some old worn out tires and rims off of my son's Cherokee to put on it. That's too bad, the OME HD springs were not even a year old along with Boiler's top plate would have made someone a good start on a lift.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky they let you take off those stuff. Thanks for the info, and good luck.