Finally... A plug change...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is caused by how the plug sat in the combustion chamber.Indexing the plugs will show the exact same wear for each cylinder(if no misfires or mechanical damage is done) when you change them.

Troy, do you index your plugs? I never tried it personally.

Just curious.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy, do you index your plugs? I never tried it personally.

Just curious.

Dave
Not in the KJ,no real point since the plugs get changed every year anyways.Plus you'd need to have the flame pattern of the 3.7's combustion chamber to know how to index them anyways.It helps on high performance engines with high compression ratio's,almost needed when going over the 12.5:1 ratio due to clearance issues.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^I use that Permatex Anti-Seize on the plug threads. It seems to work for me. The plugs come out with no drama. I don't know if it is better or worse than anything else since that is all I have used.

Dave

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you want to do a HOW TO? :p

I've used this one... worse? same? better?

Cheers! :)
Copper hmm? I don't know. It says it's good for spark plug threads installed in aluminum. The normal anti-seize says it's good for spark plug threads

Latest posts

Members online