fenders, best way to keep them looking good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryguy5

Reaction score
just got my first 06 libby, was wondering if anyone knew what to use on the fenders to keep them looking good, lots of plastic. thanks.

Amarony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ERV Dressing made by a company called One Grand has been the best that i've found for plastic bumpers that are not painted. Internet purchase through various sites. I like it because it was designed with exterior plastic in mind and has been great for my Renny over the years.

The alternative would be a Meguires or national brand vinyl or rubber protectant. Alot of those are meant for interior/exterior application.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a product called 303 aerospace protection. It a lot better than armor all. Armor all can actually cause your plastic to fade faster in some cases. 303 Doesn't do that. However, The Fenders will fade as the KJ ages. It's just something that happens but the 303 will help them keep there color. I have an 06 as well BTW.

bryguy5

Reaction score
thanks!

thanks for the info much appriciated.
0llllll0

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front bumper turned very light gray and stained with who knows what.. so...

paint them black with either VHT epoxy paint (which is what i did (looks great)) or go to northern freight or harbor freight. probably home depot too and pick up some black bumper coating, its rubberized and slighty flexible. epoxy paint has held up outstanding though. plus no prep except washing thoroughly with dawn soap. :)

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heat gun and some time
did my TJ flares a while back when I cared what they looked like
no matter what you do as time goes on nature ,the sun, will win
not to mention if you wheel it and rub on trees and bushed often

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I admittedly live in a milder climate so I can't speak for what people in places like phoenix will suffer. But considering the abuse my fenders have taken offroad, Armorall has done wonders for keeping mine looking good. Just my 2c.

Mikey-C

Reaction score
Guys
if you have unpainted Fenders, like on a sport, get a jar of smooth peanut butter, it will bring them up like New, don't go laughing till you try it.

Mikey

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Peanut butter is also great for removing wax on trim....I have pics to prove it....

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a product called 303 aerospace protection.
Same here. Awesome stuff. I use it on mine and my customer's vehicles. Interior and exterior vinyl and plastic.

Damp cloth and some black shoe dye... :D
Black Kiwi shoe polish actually can be used to bring back the color of faded black plastic trim. It isn't permanant, but it does help for a while.

If they are bad faded, then painting them with DupliColor Trim paint is a great, permanant option.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peanut butter is also great for removing wax on trim....I have pics to prove it....

Also good on toast. I'll have to try it and see what the dog thinks. I ran over a big a$$ jack rabbit the other day and my dog has been licking the underside of my Jeep clean for a week.

As for the fender flares and stuff. Usually a liberal application of mud does the trick for me.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meguiars just now put it on their website so I would start looking for it towards the end of January or in February. Read that it should be around in Mid January but it varies given where you live. Ill have it next week. :) Probably wont be able to try it out for some time though(thanks to school). :(