Fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Siberian_ICE

Reaction score
Hi,
I just an interesting review which listed a way of checking over fault codes, I have not tried it yet;

As with all modern Jeeps, one handy feature is the ability to view computer fault codes without a scanner. By pressing in the odometer reset button and then moving the key to RUN (not START), you can see what problems the computer has seen and stored in its memory, and also watch the gauges jump around and see the serial number. This can be a good way to keep your dealer or mechanic honest, and is a major troubleshooting tool for do-it-yourselfers. (See the repair section at www.ptcruizer.com for an explanation of what the codes mean.)

you may all have seen this, I hadn't, hope it helps

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my kj I turn the key on off on off on within 3 seconds. Then it does the gauge sweep, all the lights in the dashboard light up, and it shows the code in the odometer. This method can be used in older jeeps and other mopar vehicles. However in the older ones with the analog odometer the check engine light will flash the code.