Fault code help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamileon

Reaction score
Fault code help (FIXED)

Got a fault code of P0870(OD Hydraulic Pressure Test Failure) today. I have a 2002 Liberty Limited 3.7L. First thing I checked was transmission fluid and it was good. Any one have any ideas, bad sensor maybe?

EDIT:
I got this fixed. It was a hard task and took a lot out of me. I had to sit at the dealership for what felt like a lifetime. Who knew it would take so long. Well I had a few things done while there. But seriously, the fix was a simple transmission flush with a filter change. Fault cleared and its shifting so smooth now. So glad it was this easy. So if you are having ****** problems, the one in your KJ not the one walking the streets, take it to the dealership for a flush and filter change, it was worth every penny. Even if thats not the fix they can scan it to find out whats wrong. And while I was there had a recall item repaired, two birds one stone.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The recommended trans flush interval is every 30,000 miles. Right up there with one of the most important regular maintenance projects with the Liberty or any vehicle for that matter. Unfortunately it's usually ignored until there's a problem and frequently its big $'s to repair.

Glad your KJ is back on the road and running smoothly! :Big Laugh:

Bob

Latest posts

Members online