Fall Weather Wheeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there's an offroad park about an hour away in an old coal mining area. Mix of mud, rocks, tree stumps, gullies, hills, blah blah. A lot of very sharp turns to get around gullies and piles of old tailings.

Great day to be outside - beautiful Fall weather, falling leaves and a perfect day for taking the Jeep for some fun. Leaves made things a lot more slick so had to adjust.

Couple of "poser" picks (was wheeling alone so no one to take shots.) One shot of a Cherokee stuck in a muddy rut - driven by high school kid on his first trail run. :shrug: In the video I held my iPhone on the driver's mirror - tough to see how steep the grades are and very sharp hairpins. The section is called "The Snake" and I think it is used mostly by quads/ATV's.

Anyway, here ya go...

Stuck Cherokee:
You must be registered for see images

'03 Renegade:

Video going through "The Snake":

Bob

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice whish we had some woods like that here Im in the desert
You must be registered for see images attach

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on back East, Wulfhound! Beautiful this time of year...

Kills me that I couldn't go to Tennessee with the LOST group. Now THAT looked like an awesome trip. Work/travel schedule just won't line up with the fun I want to have...:disgust:

Looks nice. Yours has a certain look not seen usually. Oh and nice trails too!

Thanks Rocky - is that 'certain look' a good thing? There's that balance between making the Libby look good without crossing the line to having too much "gingerbread" that makes it look chinzy.

Bob

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Kills me that I couldn't go to Tennessee with the LOST group. Now THAT looked like an awesome trip. Work/travel schedule just won't line up with the fun I want to have...:disgust:

Planning for next year is in it's initial stages... late September/early October. Dates coming soon (I hope). :badger_1:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pics and looks like a lot of fun too.

Dave

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning for next year is in it's initial stages... late September/early October. Dates coming soon (I hope). :badger_1:

I have family that lives in Knoxville about 45 minutes south of Coal Creek so I want to combine the trip. Wheel with you guys and visit the fam either before or after.

That time of year is a great time to be in the Cumberland and/or Smoky Mountains...

Bob

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on back East, Wulfhound! Beautiful this time of year...

I am alredy thinking about a trip towards you thought abiut BC also. was thinking about taking a week or two depends on the funds and it wouldn't be untill March or April. But would luv to come out east.I luv the backwoods just whish we had more of them here