Factory Tow package how to reduce rear height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what you need to do.

Take a bunch of pictures of your jeep.

Go to craigslist.

Write a really nice post about it and tell them everything you know about (even link in this thread).

Set your price around $3k.

Add in your photos.

Publish that ad. You need to get away from this jeep, what you are about to do is goign to get you or someone else hurt.

Sorry bud but you are barking up all the wrong trees and it is going to get MORE painful before it gets better simply because you wont listen to advice.

Unless you have OME HD springs in the rear, they are probably just newer stock springs.

Go get new stock springs and shocks for the front and quit F'N around with "the cheapest parts we can throw at it that maybe might not fix it because we can return them".

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That was our other thought to get a set of springs OEM from Amazon so we could return if not a fix. The more I look at this the more I think someone put in taller springs but will not know until I remove one and check it's height. I know the ones that are the OEM from MOOG are 11.1 inches tall. Does anyone know if that is right?
What is a clevis lift?
YOU DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT NEED NEW OR USED OR ANY SPRINGS FOR THE REAR
IT IS SITTING WHERE IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET AWAY FROM THE REAR OF THE JEEP, THERE IS NO ISSUE THERE, THERE IS NOT ANY OTHER KIND OF SPRING IN THE REAR
IT IS SITTING RIGHT WHERE IT SHOULD BE LEAVE IT THE "H" ALONE
THERE IS NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH THE REAR HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SAY THAT
I HAVE PERSONALLY WORKED ON WELL OVER 100 KJS, LIFTED OVER 60 AND MEASURED BEFORE AND AFTER
DANG WHY ARE YOU SO DETERMINED TO SCREW UP THE REAR WHEN THE FRONT IS THE REAL PROBLEM

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The fork (clevis) that attaches to the bottom of the front shock can be slid down the body of the shock and retorqued 3/8inch lower = 3/4inch lift for free. I would think a set of rear springs from a yard would be cheaper than shipping springs back. Keep in mind that this is just a bandaid. You should still eventually fix it right with all new suspension. So keep it cheap for now.
His rear springs are fine, there is nothing wrong there
clavis will no9t help the front since he is so low

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His rear springs are fine, there is nothing wrong there
clavis will no9t help the front since he is so low
I was thinking his rear springs were something taller than stock, if that's not the case you're absolutely right. I know better than to argue suspension on these Jeeps with you, Tom. I doubt there is a soul alive that knows these Jeeps better than you on the subject of suspension.

randymorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking his rear springs were something taller than stock, if that's not the case you're absolutely right. I know better than to argue suspension on these Jeeps with you, Tom. I doubt there is a soul alive that knows these Jeeps better than you on the subject of suspension.
But lots of people who hate hearing what Tom has to say, sadly. I’d rather listen to Tom and have my Jeep riding properly than throw money at a problem with no clear direction.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
He seems to think they are too tall, some special springs for towing which is wrong as well
Not sure how to get through to some LOL

hawkace

Reaction score
YOU DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT NEED NEW OR USED OR ANY SPRINGS FOR THE REAR
IT IS SITTING WHERE IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET AWAY FROM THE REAR OF THE JEEP, THERE IS NO ISSUE THERE, THERE IS NOT ANY OTHER KIND OF SPRING IN THE REAR
IT IS SITTING RIGHT WHERE IT SHOULD BE LEAVE IT THE "H" ALONE
THERE IS NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH THE REAR HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SAY THAT
I HAVE PERSONALLY WORKED ON WELL OVER 100 KJS, LIFTED OVER 60 AND MEASURED BEFORE AND AFTER
DANG WHY ARE YOU SO DETERMINED TO SCREW UP THE REAR WHEN THE FRONT IS THE REAL PROBLEM
OMG!!! I sure hope he's not a programmer???

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need more popcorn. and possibly more beer.