Factory alarm....new troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

recently I changed the ignition switch and actuator to my Libby 2007 (kj).
Afterwards I am facing troubles with my keyless entry (both keys works perfect, they start motor w/o any problem. However, if I used key 1, or key 2 to start engine, I can't arm the alarm system or lock) the doors if I don't wait until 40 seconds!!!

For example. I turn on and off the engine with Key 1. I need to wait 40 seconds to arm the alarm system. However, If I use the key 2 to arm, it's done right away.

The same thing happens if I use the Key 2 to turn on the engine.....I have to wait 40 seconds to use it or use Key 1 for immediate system arming.

I have try to re program myself with one-two procedures shown anywhere of this forum but I have been unable the system enter into programming mode.

Any idea?

Regards,
Lewis

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well buddies,
I found the problem yesterday......

When I take off the key and open the door the trigger dam , dam dam is keeping on.

It means that the tiny tab into the ignition switch is not returning to normal position , so the system believes that the key is inside the lock!

I have to put a little bit of grease inside the ignition switch and problem solved!!

so Why the 40 seconds? well, it was the elapsed time of the tab to return to normal position...... cars, jeeps madness!!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I am happy you got it sorted out. :favorites13: