Explane the Frankenlift's to me please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'm getting a lift on the 2006 Liberty, and I've decided on the Frankenlift.

Is there any real benefit to me in buying the Frankenlift II Premium Kit over the Standard kid? Its $150 more 'eh. Is one of the middle kits a better bang for the buck? I see they have 4 of them.

I do light off roading, around deer hunting and such. I dont do any kind of rock crawling and junk like some of you guys. Just a little light off roading, mainly muddy logging roads.

I have no desire to put on an after market bumper, just some bigger tires.

Any help would be appreciated:confused:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Gont,
Where is Rainy River?

The Frankenlift comes either assembled or in pieces(you assemble it) and a choice of shock for the front and rear. Depending who you talk to, both brands of shocks are a good choice. With your driving habits, the Rancho's are perfectly fine for you.

I would suggest that you get the kit assembled by boulderbars.com that way you don't need to worry about getting spring compressors, or getting a garage to put the kit together for you if you can't do it yourself.;)

Basically, it boils down to choice of shocks, and having the kit assembled or not. As far as the coils go, go with the OME 927 Heavy Duty springs. These are bullet proof and will not sag. They come standard with any of Frankenlift anyways.

I have the OME 132L long travel shocks on the back and NS131 on the front and they work great. The only thing I notice is that the rears are a bit harsh on smaller rippled bumps, other than that, they are perfect.

After re-reading your post, I would suggest the Standard Frankenlift I for $835 You won't be dissapointed.

Good luck with the lift:) be sure to post lots of pics.

P.S. Take measurements of ride height before and after the lift is installed with lots of pics too.

Last edited:

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on, thanks.

Rainy River is right on the Minnesota/Manitoba border...its south east, on Lake Of The Woods.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some are a little bit off in their knowledge of the Frankenlift. The true Frankenlift comes pre-assembled nothing to do but take out the old front suspension and install the new, where the price difference is in shocks and struts, you can get either OME or Rancho, as the one who provided the info stated the OMEs are a bit harsh for some. Myself I have the Ranchos and the ride is great, would not change them out if the OMEs were free! Also you can just do an OME lift which is much cheaper but still gives you almost the same lift, for example my lift OME heavy Duty Springs and Ranchos would cost 650 or so here in the US. PLUS I am as high as most with the Franky. OME springs are sold by ARB so available in any number of shops including AllJs who have the Frankenlift

If you only off road a few times a year I would look at the springs instead of the whold kit, save some money and oh yes mine have 70,000 on them and doing a great job!!

Hope this clears some of it up, the above was quite confusing

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the difference in price is for different shocks/struts. The lower price (basic?) one is still good nuff for the occasional off road trip?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so the difference in price is for different shocks/struts. The lower price (basic?) one is still good nuff for the occasional off road trip?

If I was in the mood to get the Frankenlift and only did occasional 4 wheeling then yes the cheaper would be good for you.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the Frankinlift(AllJ's) is the only place to get the OME N132L extended rear shocks,AllJ's has the sole rights to those OME shocks.

I preferr the Rancho's due to the fact my KJ is very heavy(5500lbs) and the Rancho's will dasmpen better then the OME's which are set up for stock weight KJ's.Plus depending on where you buy the Rancho's you get a free lifetime warrenty on the Rancho's.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always wondered how it would be possible to get the same lift with the OME HD springs as you would with the OME HD springs+a .75in spacer. :confused:

And yea, like some others said, the standard lift sounds like it would be just fine for you gont. Its fine for someone that would be rockcrawling(if you did) its just that the ranchos do not cost as much so the kit is cheaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online