Exhaust Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosliw

Reaction score
i've done a lot of searching around this site and want to confirm it before i buy.

my kj has stock a 2.5" system. i can buy the magnaflow muffler, put it in in place of my stock muffler, and reap the benefits of mpg's and performance. correct?

if so, what is the part number on that muffler? do i have to cut the old one off and weld the new one on or is it a bolt-on?

should i mess with the cats? only have 32K on it.

any info about exhaust would be great.

PS- don't feel like spending upwards of $500 on this. i just dropped $400 on a full 4" system for my duramax and since you can't see the difference in the kj it just needs to perform.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
nosliw said:
my kj has stock a 2.5" system. i can buy the magnaflow muffler, put it in in place of my stock muffler, and reap the benefits of mpg's and performance. correct?

That's pretty much the case. However, I'm not sure if the stock is mandrel bent. I think it is though.

nosliw said:
if so, what is the part number on that muffler? do i have to cut the old one off and weld the new one on or is it a bolt-on?

You'd have to weld the new one in, unless you get a cat back kit.

That's the muffler you need,

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Trucks&id=186

I'll go look at mine to see if i can find a part number.

nosliw said:
should i mess with the cats? only have 32K on it.

I have a magnaflow cat, but if I were you I'd just leave it alone to keep the price down.

BTW, you can find these kits cheap if you go to the vendors section on this site...

Also if it interests you I might be selling my magnaflow catback, but I really don't want to part with it. So the price is around 310 shipped.

Bennett

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get the muffler separate with the cat back? I like how it just connects up with out cutting that clamp off on the inlet side.

nosliw

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

for the sake of $$$ i'm going to have to go with the muffler-only. sorry, but thanks for the offer.

since i'm no welder, and my friend who technically can, but not on anything i own, can i just unbolt my cat-back, get the muffler, and take the whole thing into a muffler shop and tell them what i want? or would it make more sense to just bring the rig in and give them the muffler?

how much should that cost me?

Latest posts

Members online