evic issue--need help soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought an evic module for my 02 sport, i used this whole forum to get it installed and wired but i tried to get the ignition live power from the cigarette lighter but i cannot get any power from it and the fuse is not blown, i cant find anyone who said where exactly they spliced the live wire into, so where did you splice it in? im stuck right now with wires all over my car

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i did look at that but i dont know where to splice in the last (live) wire. i have everything else spliced into the data port

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spliced it into the radio "turn on" wire (NOT the constant power wire, otherwise it'll never turn off).

black snow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try to follow every link on the how to section, one of those links will show you a pic on the fuse panel where you can get that particular spot you need to tap into....

dfourmet

Reaction score
This is probably way too late to help you, but I spliced into the fused wire running to my radio (I believe it was pink - and because I have an aftermarket radio the wiring harness actually has written descriptions on the wires). Also, make sure you find a description of the evic install with a pin-out. The wire colors listed on the evic install page may/may not match the wire colors on your evic (they did not match on mine for some reason)....

Last edited:

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i took some one elses tip on a different page and he said that i could just connect the fused B and the ignition wire to the same port on the OBD. so i did that and got everything installed but now my car seems like it has no charge when i turn it on, he said not to leave your car sitting for a few days, so how is mine almost dying in a few hours?

also my evic is from a WJ (dont know the year) and NONE of the programing options work on my kj and also when im low on gas or the doors are open it wont display that either but everything else works-even the temp sensor
any ideas?

05Sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my switched power to fuse number 13. I just twisted the end really tight and slipped it in where the fuse goes and then put the fuse back in and it secured it nicely. As far as your other deal i would recheck they are in the right spots.

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did check all the wiring but if the wiring is bad then shouldnt the mpg and dte not work then either? everything works except for when a door is open or when i program the lock/unlock stuff.