EVIC install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I managed to score an EVIC out of a liberty. Grabbed a bunch of the wire and the install was smooth as silk. Fired it up and immediately worked great. I even lucked out because the unit does NOT have a sunroof switch nor does it have TPMS!!! WOOHOO! Only problem is that my temp is not displaying. :favorites68:
I know the difference between the 02's and 03's to newer installs and the problems associated but has anyone ever figured out how to wire up the newer evics to the older rigs? Worst part is that I could have sworn that I pulled this thing out of an 03! I am actually going back to the yard tomorrow to verify.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not positive as I haven't installed one in my liberty, but think you may have to wire up an ambient temp sensor to it.. Not sure if you did so, or not.
The first page of the EVIC how-to, which you posted in, states that the OP bought one from the dealer for $30, along with the EVIC which he had bought from ebay

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...my rig was wired up for the temp sensor and I installed a new one from the dealer. It was very tight to get the harness plug clicked in just as it was stated in someone's post but I pulled the grill off already to double check because you know.....sometimes we make mistakes!! It was seated all the way on. I think my problem is that I have an 03 and the evic may be from a newer vehicle. It is already documented that you will have this problem if you do not get an evic from an 03 or older. My question was to see if anyone with this same problem managed to figure out how to rewire it to work using this hardware.

On a side note....I have been reading many threads where you posted and have to say....you type some pretty good stuff and you are pretty active here which is cool. Thanks for all of your contributions.

Last edited:

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Members online