EVIC Install Complete...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolbreez

Reaction score
Well I got the EVIC. Went and took out the stock light and sunroof control and found no clips on the stock unit I also found that the wires and connectors on my 06 liberty don't match the wires on the EVIC I bought the one I bought was off of ebay its the 56042749AH. From all I read it should work, I did make a harness and plugged it into the data port and it did work. I'm just not ready to figure out how to mount it with out having the clips and what to do with the wire and connector mismatch. I was able to program a garage door opener adjust the delay for the headlights and change the unlock all the doors. So bottom line, if anyone wants this thing the first $35.00 gets it to your door. this is the listing, I hope you can see it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0338022128&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well I got the EVIC. Went and took out the stock light and sunroof control and found no clips on the stock unit I also found that the wires and connectors on my 06 liberty don't match the wires on the EVIC I bought the one I bought was off of ebay its the 56042749AH. From all I read it should work, I did make a harness and plugged it into the data port and it did work. I'm just not ready to figure out how to mount it with out having the clips and what to do with the wire and connector mismatch. I was able to program a garage door opener adjust the delay for the headlights and change the unlock all the doors. So bottom line, if anyone wants this thing the first $35.00 gets it to your door. this is the listing, I hope you can see it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0338022128&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Don't sell it!!!

You just have to get the mount. It's absent from '05-'07s. I forget the part number but it's around here somewhere. Don't give up too quickly.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The plastic mount is easy enough to get, someone post up the part number?? I know it was mentioned a while back in another post and it wasn't that expensive from either a dealer or the online sources.

As for the plug for the lights you can just pull the switches and light sockets out of your old light and put them on the new one so you still have the correct plug for them to mate to the vehicles wiring.

I don't believe that is possible on the '05s+.... they have an entirely different front lamp.

ohaness

Reaction score
kb0nly...

Does your 03 show in your odometer area that your have a door or lift glass or gate open? I noticed that your EVIC will indicate what specific door is open (like Driver Door).

ohaness

Reaction score
kb0nly...

Thanks for the info.

Anyone...

Does the EVIC module itself mount into the light housing ( 4 screws) at the same points as an OTIS? I'm assuming (and hoping) so, it will be easier to get a module and not need to worry about the light housing color or if it has/doesn't have a sunroof switch, its condition.

coolbreez

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the help and encouragement. I found a work around. I had one other question. Everything is working fine other then the temp. I get the two dashed lines. I checked behind the grill and found something that looked like it might be a temp sensor. Little black knobby thing mounted to a support. So my question is, is there a way to ohm the thing out to see if its good or is the evic I bought bad? Thanks again for all the help.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does! And the brightness of it will adjust as i adjust the brightness of the dash lighting, just like the radio display. But that shouldn't be due to where you have the switched B+ connected as long as its on regardless of the headlights.

Couldn't hurt to try connecting it differently though! Also make sure you used a good ground for the EVIC, the how-to says a clean ground, aka a body ground not grounded with something else. I used the ground on pin 4 of the OBDII connector. In the service manual there is troubleshooting for the EVIC and one of them is to check for a bad ground, so it's important the the CPU in there to have a good clean ground.
Well I went out and did some dinking around with the EVIC tonite - moved the ground wire from the data connector to a frame ground behind the drivers' side kick panel, moved the switched power connector to fuse 32 (radio) and I still get the flashing, wonky display when I turn on my headlights (but it does dim now :) ). I'll need to get some wire tomorrow and try running the fused B(+) wire out to the engine compartment; it's currently connected to pin 16 as shown in the detailed write-up.

coolbreez

Reaction score
Thanks KBOnly,
It looks like I bought the wrong one. I have the 56042749AH. My KJ is an 06. So, looks like that could be the problem.
Thanks again.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All in all it could just be a bad EVIC, there might be something dying in the lighting circuit in it.
I would say that was a possibility except that I had another EVIC I had tried that did the same exact thing. I'll get it figured out one way or another.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Another stupid question.
Did you guys pull the headliner to run the wires or were you able to snake them through without doing so?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another stupid question.
Did you guys pull the headliner to run the wires or were you able to snake them through without doing so?
It's been a while since I ran mine but I think I just unscrewed the drivers' side visor mounts and got the headliner down enough to get the wires across to the A-pillar. Either that or I used a piece of coat-hanger to fish them across.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It's been a while since I ran mine but I think I just unscrewed the drivers' side visor mounts and got the headliner down enough to get the wires across to the A-pillar. Either that or I used a piece of coat-hanger to fish them across.

I just lowered the headliner just enough to get the wires across and hide them... didn't want to mess with that dang fiberglass longer than I had to.